Fed up with Verizon's continual incompetence and unethical practices
jwca
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do I have to take legal action? What other options do I have? We have been reliable Verizon customers for many, many years, with numerous lines, but I'm at my limits. I can't keep wasting time and money on Verizon's incompetence.

After MANY hours on hold, texting, phone calls, repeating myself, I don't know what else to do. I signed up for one month each of international plan for two lines while my husband and I were abroad. The actual month we were abroad, only one line was charged for the international line. Plus I was charged over $75 for international calls on that line -- should have been included in the plan. The next month, both lines were charged for the international plan.  Plus another $78+ in international call charges. Then, it turns out they never discontinued the plan, though I signed up for one month each. As of 1/1/22, Verizon overcharged me by $652.38 plus taxes and fees.  I tried to contact Verizon, but the wait times were over an hour, so I scheduled a phone appointment for the following day. When they called, I was immediately disconnected. So I tried for texting a live agent, which ended up taking almost 3 hours including wait times, placating by the agent, an offer of $100 (later $130) of credit--- absolutely ridiculous. I kept asking and then demanding to speak with a supervisor/have the call escalated -- but more and more sweet placating. Finally, a supervisor came on the line and gave me a new number to call- for international/global plans.  More wait time. When I finally got to speak with this new person, she seemed to understand right away and figured out the total that was owed me as of our phone call (another month x 2 is now being charged). She said she wrote everything up and I would be credited within 3-5 business days. She also scheduled  me for a follow-up call 1/6/22, since my experience is that Verizon does not follow through on what its "sweet" agents promise, and then it's next to impossible to reach someone again.  Which did happen again.  I never got the call, which I had blocked out time for. I waited for the call for an hour.  So I tried contacting Verizon again and was put through the whole waiting and gathering information process again.  I kept telling the agent that this process was already complete, and finally I refused to go over it again. This would have been another waste of my time, and I was unwilling to cancel more client appointments than I already had. This experience had already taken more than two hours.

So now I don't know what to do. Cry or scream? I know I can file a case with the BBB. I can post negative online reviews. I can take legal action..  I can go to another wireless company, but that would involve sacrificing the money I owe for the current 2 year plan. All I want is for Verizon to return the money they took from my bank account in error.

How has anyone managed to get Verizon to take responsibility for their incompetence?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fed up with Verizon's continual incompetence and unethical practices
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jwca wrote:

Verizon-- You said to send a Private Note.  I don't know how to do that.

How are you accessing this Forum?  On my desktop using a browser, there is an 'envelope' icon, upper right between the 'notification' bell and my 'profile' icon.  Click on this 'envelope' icon to access Forum Messaging.  You also have to have 'Private Messenger' turned on in your Profile Settings->Preferences

Private Message icon.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to review these charges with you. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here, or reach out to us online @VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook. We look forward to working with you soon.

*Robert

0 Likes
jwca
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • How do I send a private message?
  •  
0 Likes
jwca
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jwca wrote:

How are you accessing this Forum?  On my desktop using a browser, there is an 'envelope' icon, upper right between the 'notification' bell and my 'profile' icon.  Click on this 'envelope' icon to access Forum Messaging.  You also have to have 'Private Messenger' turned on in your Profile Settings->Preferences

Private Message icon.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jwca
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trying to get Verizon's help through this community forum is even more ridiculous than calling or direct texting. They sent links that don't work. They don't respond and then time you out. It appears the business plan is to delay until customers give up.

Can anyone recommend a company with better customer service? AT&T? Spectrum? T-Mobile? Consumer Cellular? other?

0 Likes
LPULLIUM_RN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you end up switching carriers? If so, to whom and are you satisfied? I've been with Verizon at least 15 year but I'm looking to make the switch myself because I'm tired of sacrificing my time and sanity to remain a Verizon customer,

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last 15+ years with you has meant the world to us, LPULLIUM_RN. We want to turn things around and help you stay! Please tell me more about your concerns. 

-Yale

0 Likes