FedEx delivered a box with an old used Playstation Controller in it (in place of my Iphone 12 Pro)
Casie130

So I ordered an Iphone 12 Pro on 8/4/2021. I paid for it in full. It was supposed to be delivered 8/6/2021. However FedEx sent me a text at 2:48pm stating they attempted delivery and that I wasn't home to sign for it so they would try next day delivery. I WAS HOME all day on 8/6/2021 AND my outdoor security system will verify FedEx did NOT show up at my home to attempt delivery.

So I waited all day 8/7/2021 for FedEx to show back up. They showed up at about 2:00 and threw the phone onto my porch (suddenly they didn't need a signature?). I picked it up and thanked the driver before he pulled off. 

I opened the package and found an old Playstation Controller (chewed up and dusty) instead of my new cell phone. I removed it and the paper it was wrapped in and found my Verizon Iphone Receipt and set up instructions in the bottom of the box. I immediately called Verizon to explain what I found. They started a ticket to try to resolve my issue and have the issue investigated.

My question is, will I get my money back? How often does this happen? Do I need to call the police? Do I need to call FedEx? I'm just not sure what to do as I am out $1099.00 and am very worried.

Thanks, Kim

0 Likes
Re: FedEx delivered a box with an old used Playstation Controller in it (in place of my Iphone 12 Pro)
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

That sounds fishy because the Verizon warehouse wouldn't have a random dusty playstation controller laying around. Sounds more like some shady business from FedEx, honestly.

For full retail purchases, always buy straight from the manufacturer. Request a refund/chargeback and do the oorder again outside Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: FedEx delivered a box with an old used Playstation Controller in it (in place of my Iphone 12 Pro)
Casie130

Right, I'm thinking FedEx did the swap out. They claimed to attempt delivery Friday (they really didn't, they never showed up on our security at least). That gave them the opportunity to swap out overnight and do delivery on Saturday. So frustrating. I just want my money refunded.

0 Likes
Casie130

Also a former FedEx employee said they have to weigh the box before delivery. So I guess they added the controller to avoid the weight issue.

0 Likes
Re: FedEx delivered a box with an old used...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

After reviewing the feedback you've provided about this matter, I'd be disappointed, too, and we apologize for your inconvenience. We've also noted your reference about a ticket initiated about this matter, which is a good thing. Have you been provided with a time frame for status updates? This is a very urgent matter.-Robert C.

0 Likes