File a Complaint
Von51
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I file a complaint.  Our iphone 7 started having a cellular failure/no service issue.  Contacted customer support on 9/13.  Worked with support and was able to fix the issue for a couple days, but unfortunately it came back.  Called customer support again on 9/16 .  This time I was told that it was a recall issue with Apple and that I needed to take it to an Apple store.  I was never told to first take it to a Verizon store.  I asked it there was anything Verizon could do and was told "no" that it was a recall issue with Apple and I needed to take it to Apple so they could send it out for repairs.  If Verizon sent me another phone, she said I would have the same issue.  So, that night I went to the Apple store and waited a long time to find out that they could not fix the phone because the issue would come and go.  The next day, I contacted Verizon to have one of my lines switched to a business line and decided to cancel the mobile protection on the iphone 7 because I had been told there was nothing that could be done to fix it.  On Sunday, I got the error message again on the phone and a no SIM message.  Decided to take it to the Verizon store to get a new SIM, thinking maybe that was the issue.  Was told at the Verizon store that it was not the SIM, but my antenae.  They said I could have gotten a replacement phone had I not cancelled the Total Mobile protection.  I told them the only reason I cancelled it was because I was told that there was nothing Verizon could do.   The store was going to see what they could do, but was not confident that could get a replacement phone now.

I have been a customer of Verizon for 20+ years.  I trusted technical support to give me correct information.  They did not and now I am stuck with a phone that doesn't work and no recourse.  I am seriously looking to switching providers to T-mobile or Sprint.  Why be loyal to Verizon if they do not reward you for that loyalty and this is going to happen.  

Sheryl

Re: File a Complaint
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The correspondence address is listed on your bill. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Von51, I can understand your concern with your feeling that you were provided the incorrect information. I want to make sure that I can address your concerns properly. Upon review, I do show that the Apple iPhone 7 devices that are experiencing the issues that you have outlined were asked to be referred to Apple. The details regarding this matter can be reviewed via the link https://support.apple.com/iphone-7-no-service . We never want for you to want to leave the VZW Family and want to provide you with true and transparent information. The link I provided is directly from Apple. I want to make sure that you  have this situation taken care of.

I hope this provides clarity.

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes
Von51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did go to Apple and they would not fix it.  Then today when I went to the Verizon store and they said I could have gotten a warrenty replacement had I not cancelled my insurance.  I cancelled my insurance (on Friday) because the person that referred me to Apple (on Thurs) told me that there was nothing Verizon could do and that I needed to take it to Apple.  They said if they gave me another iphone 7 it would have the same issue.  Why keep insurance if I cannot use it?  Now I am being told that I could have gotten a replacement.  I would love to get a straight answer from someone.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When it comes to options for our customers, we want to give a consistent, straight answer. I’ve sent you a Private Note, so we can uncover more details about what your true options are.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes