Filing A Complaint
CStough
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having many issues with Verizon for the past 2 years but this one takes the cake. 

On 9/2, we were attempting to update our phone numbers to reflect our new location. On 1 line,(Samsung phone) the number changed with no issues. The second line (iPhone) had issues with the number change and suggest I call CS for help. I contacted CS and informed the rep and made it VERY CLEAR what the issue was but for some reason his solution was to disconnect my existing phone number and give me the new number that the Samsung has, leaving that line not working. 

I called again to let them know that they've now created a new issues that needed to be fixed. They were able to switch back the number to the Samsung phone but was not able to update the iPhone. I spoke to 3 reps on this day who could not help until eventually one rep stated that the number switch order is stuck (whatever that means) and that I should wait 24 hours. He assured me that he would call back on the Samsung line, which was working fine.

After 24 hours, he did not call back so I reached out to CS again. The new rep informed me that the previous rep did not create a ticket and that she would do so, but again I'd have to wait 24 hours. She said she would follow up with me the following day. 

Fast forward to today 9/8, I've called CS every single day and no one has been able to help. My old phone number was already deleted by Verizon and they have not been able to give me a new number. No one has called me back to follow up and every rep I've spoken to has given me new info thats different from the last. One stated that the switch can take a few hours, the next says it could be 24 hours, now it can be 7 business days. So since 9/3 I have been without a working phone due to an error their customer service rep has made. 

Verizon has failed to keep every promise they've made since switching over from T-Mobile. My bill is constantly fluctuating with no explanation and their customer service is ABSOLUTELY THE WORST. Having Verizon is the worst experience I've ever had with a wireless provider. 

0 Likes
Re: Filing A Complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are truly sorry to hear about your overall experience. Switching your phone number should always be a smooth transaction. All of your feedback is appreciated, and we will forward your concern to the proper channels. We would like the opportunity to investigate this matter and further review your options. Can you please send us a private message for review? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
mwatley0420

@vzw_customer_support I see others have had issues getting their account issues straighten out, and have spoken with customer service multiple times. I also have trail of issues with Verizon Customer Service and feel I've reached my limit. I escalated to level 2 as well as Customer Retention agents, who supposed took care of the issue, but I'm still stuck with no resolution. So, adding to a complaint thread will hopefully get the attention.

We added the International Plan to 1 of our lines for a period of May 18 – July 23. My daughter was travelling to Barcelona and we wanted the phone to work.

On July 7th the iphone was stolen in Barcelona. The thief tried to swap around SIM cards. Thankfully both Verizon and Apple saw the activity and set the account as inactive. I called both Verizon and Apple on July to confirm all was good. 

On July 23 my daughter was back in Dallas and received her replacement phone from AppleCare. I called Verizon to be sure the account was activated again and International Plan was removed.

The July 10 invoice had the $100 International Plan.

The Aug 10 invoice also had the $100 International Plan noted as as Jun 18 – July 17. Billing being in arrears. I called and was assured it would be removed going forward.

The Sept 10 invoice again had the $100 international plan charge noted as Jul 18 – Aug 17; I called and complained that charge was to have been removed and plan removed. The agent assured it would be removed going forward and gave me a $100 Inconvenience credit.

The Oct 10 invoice again had the $100 International Plan charge noted as Aug 18 - Sept 17. I called and let them know I needed to speak with a manager or Customer Retention. Vanita from Billing on Oct 14 went through a process to remove the plan and to give me a credit. The system even sent me a txt msg to confirm the change. The last support ticket was MR-1484293964-E01

It's now Nov 13 and guess what, that's right another $100 International Plan showed up on the invoice. Rather than calling I believe someone like @vzw_customer_support  should step in and escalate as high as needed to get this resolved. I am so frustrated that the issue each month is reported, "resolved" and credit given. I hear TMobile and AT&T have offers for my business....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is for your billing to be correct each month. I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with removing the international plan from your account. We definitely want to get this resolved as soon as possible. Do you have the option to remove the plan through your My Verizon online?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes