Filing a complaint
LindseyRay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently went to a Verizon store to upgrade my phone and was treated very dishonestly.  In the end I signed a contract that I was lied to about so they aren't letting me do anything to get out of it.  What I think is important though, is that Verizon knows they have very dishonest employees giving their business a bad name.  I've looked high and low where to discuss the situation with anyone, other than the customer service call that told me "too bad, you signed the contract" I am unable to see where to get this complaint out.   Anyone have suggestions on how to be heard?

The story: I went in to get a phone and very explicitly said I want the cheapest, smallest, least "smart" phone.  They told me the G5 was the best deal and that it would cost me around 100$. I thought it was too big and fancy and was also told they were all big and this was my best option.  I agreed to get the phone and then they tried to sell me a tablet.  I refused a few times but was told it would cost me 30 today, plus 30$ fee on my next payment that would later be rebated.  I left the store spending 130$ mostly happy with the transaction, other than having a too big phone.  Later we get our bill and we have a 40$ fee that was never rebated, 10$/month on a tablet added to our plan, and 27$ payment (1st of 24) for my phone.   Unfortunately, I believed them when I very explicitly asked what I was signing for, adding "this isn't agreeing to pay some crazy charges I don't know about."  They told me I was signing my new 2 year contract agreement to stay with Verizon.  I never once saw that it was agreeing to a 650 dollar loan, or was told that I was signing into a contract for a tablet.  I also had multiple conversations verifying with them about my monthly bill, that they said was going to be 15$ cheaper than we were currently paying(150), but now I'm stuck paying 175$ a month for a tablet I won't use and a phone that I never in a hundred years would have paid 700 dollars for. 

I am very disappointed in myself, but mostly disappointed that there are people that can be so dishonest without a second thought.  I'd like the store to be reported so this doesn't happen to others.

Also, what is the point of being a Verizon customer with a contract that offers upgrades when that "upgrade" is really just an upgrade in your bill after still paying 700$ for a phone.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Filing a complaint
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Does nobody read what they're signing?

If you did, you'd be familiar with the last paragraph of your Customer Agreement.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement.

To file a complaint, go to the Contact Us and look for the mailing address and send a letter via certified mail to the address listed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which store was this? A corporate store or a premium retailer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LindseyRay, this is definitely not the impression we want you to be left with. We want to make sure that this type of experience does not happen going forward. Also, we want to see what options are available for your phone and tablet. We do have a 14 Day Worry-Free Guarantee where you can return/exchange your device if you’re unhappy. When was the phone and tablet purchased? What store was this purchased at?

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LASHENVY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have similar complaint. Last September with purchase of Note 5 on "Edge" program, I went in to trade my phone in for new phone after the 1 year paying on phone was up. NOPE, was told that the Verizon Rep. told me wrong (they said it was his first day) they stopped offering the Edge program earlier in the year last year. They said I still owed $319 on Note 5 after paying on it 1 year. Are you serious!! I always traded my phones in after 1 year. [Removed]. I'm moving service to T-mobile today, Moving 4 lines. Will paying for 2 lines with 2 lines free $120 total (4 lines) for unlimited text, talk, and unlimited 4g DATA!! Also giving t mobile my verizon Note 5 for free Galaxy S7 and free tablet and new Iphone 7 with another trade-in. Also, t-mobile jump program, you DO get to turn in phone each year.   Moving over, T Mobile is also giving me $200 mastercard for each line I'm moving.  Verizon needs to wake up and stop lying to us to get us to do 2yr. upgrades and ripping us off with data sharing. We are getting smarter, and smartest way to show them is to leave their company.

To complain, we all need to go to http://www.ripoffreport.com/  and post our complaints there. People in mass volumes will be able to see our complaints and maybe Verizon will listen? Hope they "hear me now" as I get ready to go inside to cancel my service and go across the street to T-mobile.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

CHRSEL85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called to stop a online payment that I unintentionally made using a account that did not have sufficient funds to cover it. The Customer Support Rep assured me that the payment would be stopped. And that I can make another payment online using a different. I did that, and low and behold Verizon tried  to get the original payment 2 more times. The second time failed because the integrity of First National Banks Customer Service Reps far  exceeded Verizon's by miles. As a matter of fact I had to call FNB back to have them remove one of the returned fees because they paid me to much!!!

I am a disabled VET and had Lung Cancer surgery on Dec 2 '16 at the VA Hospital, all my creditors have been great. I am not behind in payments  with Verizon, but now they keep calling our cell because I had FNB stop payment, and block all charges to that account until funds came in next week.

I am seeking to remove Verizon from my existence and find a better Mobile service.

Contact my Lawyer if you want to respond.

Chris [Removed]

personal information and inappropriate content  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
CHRSEL85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am moving to T-Mobile today also.

Chris.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Does nobody read what they're signing?

If you did, you'd be familiar with the last paragraph of your Customer Agreement.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement.

To file a complaint, go to the Contact Us and look for the mailing address and send a letter via certified mail to the address listed.

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

According to the customer agreement that YOU signed and agreed to:

You agreed to these terms by putting your name down or accepting terms and conditions online. Its just like anything else like signing an agreement for rent or for cable services you don't agree to these things before you know exactly what your getting. This includes reading the *not so fine* print.

Keep in mind it sucks that you were mislead and I wasn't meaning it to offend or upset you its just the truth. You have got to read things before you agree to them. Its part of being an adult its a way you can hold a company accountable if they do anything wrong. Know your rights and read your agreements before putting pen to paper (or stylus to touch screen)

DAVWOO54

I HAVE BASIC CELL PHONE FOR 77 YEAR OLD VETERAN IN A NURSING HOME BUNDLED WITH MY ACCOUNT. HE BADLY NEEDS A SIMPLER PHONE BUT WERE TOLD SEVERAL MONTHS SHORT OF UPGRADE DATE AND THEY WILL CHARGE US $200 TO SUBSTITUTE ANOTHER MORE BASIC PHONE. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO TO CONTACT TO REQUEST WAIVER OF THIS FEE?

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately not. There was a 2 year contract signed and the only way to get out of that is to disconnect the line and pay the fee.

0 Likes