Firefighter Discount
deeejayx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a retired firefighter. I was on AT&T‘s website shopping for a TV service I noticed they had a fire fighter discount. I applied and I was excepted for the discount (We've reviewed the ID you provided, and you're verified for ${data.order.programName}. Read on to learn more about your next steps.). I went to Verizon‘s website to see if they had a fire fighter discount. I applied using the same information I scanned my badge and company ID and I was denied. This is the first time that my service and my badge was not recognized. I’ve been with Verizon since 1999 But I guess I’m going to have to move my phone service to AT&T that appreciates my 22 years of service protecting my community.

Re: Firefighter Discount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to get any discounts available to you. We do have a Firefighter discount. Did it show the reason the discount was denied? *Rebecca

0 Likes
deeejayx
Enthusiast - Level 2

We were unable to verify your First Responder affiliation based on the document you submitted. We can only accept an ID card, EMT license, SF-50, or a recent training certificate (issued within the past 48 months) that shows your full name and how you are affiliated as a Federal, State, or Local Law Enforcement Officer, Firefighter, EMT/Paramedic, or 911 Dispatcher

0 Likes
deeejayx
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am a retired industrial fire fighter.  I submitted a picture of my badge and my company identification.  I should qualify as a local fire fighter. We fight hydrocarbon and chemical fires and high angle rescues within our property lines and we provide mutual response to other local agencies as needed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you for your service, deeejayx! We certainly want to make sure you get any discounts you are eligible for. Our discount validation team will be able to look into this further for you and make sure we get the right discount. Please give them a call at 800-890-8007. They are available Mon-Sat 8:00AM - 12:00AM ET, Sun8:00AM - 12:00AM ET.-Nikki

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@deeejayx wrote:
I am a retired industrial fire fighter.  I submitted a picture of my badge and my company identification.  I should qualify as a local fire fighter. We fight hydrocarbon and chemical fires and high angle rescues within our property lines and we provide mutual response to other local agencies as needed.

Have you considered the firefighter discount requires you to be an active member and not a retired member? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deeejayx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have NOT considered the firefighter discount requires me to be an active member. If you Read it applies to both active and retired members.

0 Likes
deeejayx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted the support number. They want me to spend a day or two on the phone with H.R. to get a letter. I am not going to waste my time to prove my service to Verizon. If my badge and company I.D. is not sufficient I am going to move my service to AT&T the company that will accept my identification.

I would like to thank Verizon for there service since 1999

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be saddened if you left the VZW family, deeejayx. Can you provide us more specifics behind what our Employee Validation Department said regarding the verification of your discount? 

-Joey

0 Likes
deeejayx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you please call me to address this issue asap? I am going over there rate plans.

0 Likes