First Responders Discount
UnhappyCustomer01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it's really sad that Verizon doesn't honor their old 1st responders discount. Because they didn't e-mail us to let us know ours was about to expire until two weeks after it did, we now only get $20 off of our monthly bill as opposed to the $40 we used to receive. This is ridiculous.  How am I to know when it expires? Now we are no longer grandfathered in for the old rates. I'm glad to see Verizon really cares about their first responders out there, so much so that they cut their discounts in half.

Re: First Responders Discount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

UnhappyCustomer01, 

We are so sorry you are no longer getting the discount you had. We will be more than happy to take a look at your plan to see the best options for cost. Our current unlimited plans do not normally qualify for discounts, but still will get a military and first responder discount. Please reply if you would like us to review your plan. 

-Jenelle

0 Likes
UnhappyCustomer01
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can review my plan, but I'm still on Go Unlimited from way back. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look into this further. Please send us a Private Note, UnhappyCustomer01.*Rebecca

0 Likes
mwpd2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed, thankless profession unfortunately we signed up for. I would say $20 is better then $0...Stay safe!!

0 Likes
stevenkielcheski
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support  I have the same question- our bill was $239.22 this month it's showing as $320.   My husband actually verified that he was still a first responder before it expired and you still allowed our plan to expire and then charge us out the wazoo. I should not be paying $320 this month.  Now our discount is only $25 which I find disgusting.   These men and women go out there day in and day out to protect and serve and it seems like very company seems to completely disregard them and what they do.  I want to know why my bill is $80 plus dollar more this month than last?  This is ridiculous!  These kinds of gimmicks is exactly why we left Sprint after 20 years of being a customer.  

Signed,

A very disappointed customer! 

0 Likes