Florida 55+ Unlimited Plan - inability to add plan to eligible customers - New customer Plan Bait & Switch practices
hdtvman

On March 15, 2022 I signed up for NEW service with Verizon with the Florida Unlimited 55+ Plan  as advertised here https://www.verizon.com/plans/55plus/   and qualified online and also with agent on the phone for eligibility which was no problem since I'm  over 55 and reside in Florida full time.  After some time on the phone, agent could not add this plan to the account at that time but submitted a ticket to do so and said not too worry it would be fixed in the account.   Against my wishes, my account was subsequently activated as 5G Starter (without the Florida plan features - like hotspot for example)  and ALSO without the proper plan discounts.   Noticing the issue online, I called back on March 17 two days later when activating the new phones and AGAIN asked to be put on the Florida +55 Unlimited plan.  I was again assured that it would be fixed "soon". 
However,  In the past month I have called and chatted online since then at least 4 times with agents who all promise to fix this - (except for the supervisor today who told me he could not escalate further since the request was already in the system and refused to escalate me to his supervisor - saying "there's nothing he could do since there was already a ticket in the system").  I told him it had not been fixed in a month and the non discounted charges continue and still dont have hotspot access.  This is completely incompetent handling of a new account - all I ask is to be put on the correct plan with the correct features I am entitled too.   Unfortunately, my next step if this is not resolved in the next 24 hours is to take this complaint to BBB and appropriate the stae and federal regulatory agencies and file a complaint of bait and switch, false advertising, and activating a new service subscriber with a different plan than was requested when I signed up. 
Has any Florida Verizon subscriber over 55 successfully been able to be put on the Florida 55+ Unlimited plan to their account ?

0 Likes
Re: Florida 55+ Unlimited Plan - inability to add plan to eligible customers -
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello hdtvman, we've sent you a Private Note to better assist. 

~Baldo

0 Likes
hdtvman

Thank you for trying to assist - but the issue continues unresolved.

These are some more details of the plan I requested with my new service on March 13, and on all subsequent support interactions with agents since, and that has failed to be added to my account to this date, one month later.

https://www.verizon.com/support/55-plus-unlimited-plan/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. To confirm, this account was opened in March?*Jesse

0 Likes
hdtvman

Correct - called in to speak with sales person on March 13th and asked for the 55+ Florida Unlimited Plan.  Account was activated with 5G starter instead. New phones did not arrive until 15th and were activated on the 16th - once again I asked to be put on Florida 55+ Plan (agent told me he submitted a ticket with "escalation" team).  Nothing happened - on the 17th I have an online chat where I was checking if the plan had been added yet - it had not.   Kept being informed by agents "no problem we will get this fixed..." 
Have contacted Verizon at least 3 times since then and STILL nothing has been done and I continue to have 5G starter as my plan instead of the Florida 55+ Unlimited.   I have been told for a month that the escalation team or technology team or IT team can fix this but the bottom line is I continue to have a plan I did not request and dont have the correct plan I originally asked for.  

0 Likes
hdtvman

On March 13, 2022,  I signed up as a new Verizon customer for the Florida 55+ unlimited plan as per the advertising on Verizon' website.  To date, despite multiple support calls, chats, community posts, requests and tickets, Verizon has failed to put me on the correct plan & features, that I requested and are eligible for, and instead switched me to a more costly and limited features plan.  This is a final formal notice to Verizon that you have 48 hours from this posting date to resolve the issue and place my account on the correct discounted plan that I am eligible for - being over 55+ and residing Iin Florida.  Your continued failure to do so will result in the filing of formal complaints for false advertising, breach of contract, and bait & switch sales agent practices, with the appropriate State of Florida & Federal Telecommunications regulatory agencies, as well as the appropriate media, consumer, and senior affairs watchdog agencies.  It is also clear from the multitude of complaint posts in this forum for this very issue, that Verizon has been engaged in a persistent practice  for the past two years of denying and failing to assign eligible customers to the plan that they requested as per the advertisement.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We alway want you to get the plan you want and qualify for. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
hdtvman

All information you need to resolve the issue is in post above - I have talked/chatted with about 10  agents about this issue already in the past month and a half.   Original sales agent on 3/14 when I initiated new service with Verizon said the correct plan (Florida 55+ Unlimited) would "show up in my account in a couple days".

some of the ticket numbers that have been supposedly open to resolve the issue:  

2452691                4/18/2022
INC 007537389  4/6/2022

original ticket number when I discovered I was being overcharged and placed on the wrong plan: 
MR-921866412-E01  3/17/2022

Nothing has been done to date.

0 Likes
hdtvman

Update: A temporary workaround solution has been put in place by the Verizon media support team until the technical issue is resolved.  

0 Likes