Re: Forced to purchase "Data Plan" contact the CEO
TDKlee

Ok people pay attention this is soooo simple.  It is called money.  You know how most business strive to make a fair profit by the services that they offer?  well this is an example of business wanting more than that.  Just like the banks in recent histroy.

Think about it, just a short time ago Verizon lowered the price of the unlimited talk to $69.99 right, well that is a loss of revenue = to $30.00 per customer that had that plan, excuse me that is not a loss of revenue it is just not as much revenue as before because we all know that Verizon is still making more than a fare profit even with the lower price.  Whoever....business 101; nothing is free  so... now that they dropped the price of "unlimited Voice Plans" they are requiring data package to recover the money they are not makeing by lowering the price of Voice plans.  So  as long as customers continue to do business with these business they will continue to do business in such a manner.   "HEY LOOK AT US!  WE JUST LOWERED OUR PRICE ON UNLIMITED VOICE PLANS $30.00 PER MONTH"  they just don't tell you that when you renew your contract or upgrade your phone or just a new customer that they require you to pay for a "data" package to make up for the 30.00 your saving on "Voice".

It's the same as in retail... for example  you get a 10, 15, 25% (or what ever amount) Cupon the store does not tell you that these sales are planed anywhere from 2 weeks to at least 1 month in advance so when they price these items during the sale they just mark those items up as not to take such a hit from the cupon.

0 Likes
boosted4life

I agree it is for money.  But they don't realize they are going to lose a huge number of customers if they leave this in action.  I will be sending an e-mail shortly.

0 Likes
Big_Red_Loyal

Well said, irritated!

The move to change plan requirements and huge ETFs seems to come from a fear people leaving Big Red by Big Red.  Look at my "name", I absolutely like being a VZW customer! The only thing that would cause me to leave Big Red is the same thing people leave personal relationships, betrayal. This change in policy is being viewed by many as just that.

I hope you can hear us now, VZW. the Majority of your customers are loyal. They are loyal because of the network you provide AND because of the people you hire and the training you provide them! You really don't need to place us death grasps to keep us. Just keep doing what brought about your J. D. Powers award. It really is that simple.

By-the-way, true revenue generation comes from loyal customers, not from raising prices which include raising etfs and forcing internet plans some customers would never use.

0 Likes
MCBlueRidge

I imagine that you bought a car that does exactly what you need and want, no extras, nothing missing; perfect!!  Do you always carry 4 people? And luggage?  If you bought a truck, did they make you buy a trailer too because it was designed to pull a trailer?

I imagine that you bought a TV that does only what you need!!  Do you use the PC input? do you use the RCA inputs? the HDMI?  Do you use all the inputs?  Are you forced to? No. The Cable company only requires one input and the DVD only needs one input.  I suggest that the manufacturer charge you a monthly fee for all the inputs, even the ones you don't use.

You stance is flawed and anti free choice and free enterprise.

Phones perform many functions.  That doesn't mean I need all of them.  I chppse my phone based on the features that I need and let the rest go.  I bought a Palm phnoe so that I could stop carrying two devices, not to be forced to be bothered with email away from the office.

Verizon should back off its data requirement if it wants happy customers.  Consumers should have the choice.

0 Likes
jf1219

We just switched to Verizon after 4 years of being loyal customers to Hargray wireless because they were bought by Cricket wireless and there are advantages of having a contract and we wanted better reception everywhere so we made the change and bought this 9.99 data plan to go with the 3g phone, 25mb but the problem is you use those 25mb in just a few days of keeping up with facebook and email. I don't use mine much, it was quickly exceeded.  The fact that they charge 29.99 for the unlimited is ridiculous. I pay 19.99 for high speed internet in my HOUSE! Your pricing is ridiculous. We are cancelling our contract. Someone dropped the ball on this one and SPRINT is picking it up. I will say Verizon does have the best reception, and were it not for this 1 thing we'd have stayed with Verizon for a long time.

0 Likes
lisak138

My boyfriend and I decided to upgrade to the Env3 phones and we are very disappointed in Verizon for forcing us to pay for a service we have no use for. We love the phones, but I really don't need to use the internet that badly. I didn't use it on  my last phone which I could have but I didn't need it. What has happened to our Free country, Free choice.

My niece purchased hers in December and did not have to get the Data Plan, we purchased ours in January 3 days after they changed it to mandatory. We have been loyal and satisfied customers for 5 years, we should not have to be charged for this. When my boyfriend asked the salesman what he is supposed to do to keep his daughter from using the data plan, he told him there is a way to block it. Duh!! Why pay for something you have to block from your phone. 

I am so displeased right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Something needs to change before they lose all of there customers.

0 Likes
vinnylawless

What most of the "Kids" posting on this board forget is that we as consumers should not be strong armed into buying goods or services that we do not wish to have. There is also the fact that most of the kids posting here have never gone a day without Tivo and online gaming with their Xboxes and Playstation 3's. There once was a time when devices like Pocket PC's and PDA's filled the void of smart phones. No data plans required on these devices either! Then, someone got the idea to combine cell phone tech with PDA tech and the rest is history (unless you were not born when this happened).

Now, good luck trying to find a PDA to suit your needs. They have all been replaced by Smart Phones. So yes, I want the functionality of the smart phone without the MANDATORY data plan. I want to chose which features come with my new phone, not what Verizon tells me I should have.

We have all read the news about the **bleep** who dialed the internet with his **bleep** and accrued a two thousand dollars cell bill! And what does Verizon do? To avoid the attention, they smile at the media and say "of course we plan on cutting the bill, we are nice people and we love our customers". In the background, they tack on mandatory data usage fees so that those who are non-techies don't ring up outrageous bills that need to be slashed to the bone so  they can look good for the cameras.

Because I can no longer acquire a decent PDA any more, I need the P.I.M. Functionality of the smart phone (i.e.. Notes, Tasks, Contacts, Calendar etc) that can all be tied together in a single device. Alas, Verizon will continue with the forced data plans until they get the message, which I plan on sending loud and clear!

0 Likes
vinnylawless

I forgot to mention that I reported this behavior to the FCC. Low and behold, I got a call from Lisa Bennett in corporate headquarters. She wants to talk about my complaint. I have also asked my Governor to look into this price gouging. I have a couple of cards that I can play to do my part to end this madness. It pays to have family in powerful places!! :smileywink:

0 Likes
sayno2data
0 Likes
theanaheimguy

I have been a Verizon Customer for over 12 Years. I pay for 4 Phone Lines per month.  If they want me to start paying for something that I do not wish to use I will take my business elsware.  We have choices.  They may want to force us into paying for services that we do not wish to have; we can choose to  go elseware.  Sprint has Pretty Much these same services for far less dollars per month.  They have free cell to cell service reguardless of carrier.  Who needs Verizon?

The answers that this CEO has Given is a clear example of his/her arrogance.  The answers are from someone who wants things their way. Someone who says that they are listening, but really is just trying to think of the words needed to get you to buy what they are selling. It speaks volumes as to how out of touch with the changing market he/she is.  Look at what is happeing with Television and how much money they are not making anymore because they have had the same arrogant, aloof and will tell their customers what they will want and when they will want it attitude.

People can and will vote with their feet.  People that are forced to pay these extra monies will be leaving as soon as they get the chance.  Some will even vote with their fleeing feet even if it costs them the "fees" that they are going to be charged for leaving early.

0 Likes