Formal Complaint to Corporate
Bwick84

Is this the only way to file a formal complaint to corporate?  I spoke with a representative over the phone and her instructions to do this were not correct.

The back story for why I would like to do this.  In January, my wife's phone was acting up so we wanted to get her a new one.  Her upgrade was not due until July (however we swapped upgrades a while ago so it was actually supposed to be my upgrade) and mine is not until January 2015.  We talked to the sales representative at our local Verizon store and asked him if we did the Edge program for my wife that I would still be able to upgrade my phone in July like we had planned to do.  He said that it would be not be a problem and that the Edge program does not affect our upgrade date.  I even confirmed this again while we were checking out.

Low and behold I logged in to check the exact date in July that I would be able to upgrade and the upgrade date was moved to January 2016.  I called support and neither the representative nor her manager were able to help.  They said the system would not allow them to change anything and they could not help me even though it was their own employee who gave me false information.  They said I could file a complaint to corporate if I wanted to and then proceeded to give me incorrect instructions on how to do so.  I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years and have never asked them for any changes to my upgrade dates so it's not like I have any history of doing this before.  I just want to be able to upgrade my phone in July like the Verizon employee told me I could, especially since my current phone is on it's last legs.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Formal Complaint to Corporate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bwick84,

I'm sorry for the trouble you have had. Something does sound amiss. Our Edge program is separate from the standard upgrade. I'd be happy to review this matter for you. Just send me a direct message: http://vz.to/1v0uLEw .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bwick84,

I'm sorry for the trouble you have had. Something does sound amiss. Our Edge program is separate from the standard upgrade. I'd be happy to review this matter for you. Just send me a direct message: http://vz.to/1v0uLEw .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cmc1216777
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too would like to know how to file a complaint with corporate.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us. We want to ensure all your concerns are addressed. We sent you a Private Message for further assistance.

ChristianP_VZW

matt143678
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I make a formal complaint to corporate. I need to tell them about a horrible experience I had porting a line. It seems now you have to call and wait for an hour to speak with a rep to get a code to port out your number. After speaking with the rep I was told they needed to send me the code to my phone or email. I broke my phone and was not near a computer so I HAD TO DRIVE HOW TO GET A CODE. THE REP TOLD ME TO GO TO THE VERIZON STORE DURING A PANDEMIC TO GET THE CODE!!!! IT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS. I HAD TO DRIVE HOME TO GET A CODE FROM MY COMPUTER. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU TREAT PEOPLE DURING A PANDEMIC!!!!! 

KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

matt143678, we are sad to hear that you are no longer a part of our family and we sincerely apologize for the experience you have received. Porting Out your phone number should be a streamlined experience and we will forward your concern to the proper department.

We would like the opportunity to gather more details regarding your concern. We have sent you a Private Message can you please respond to that message? Thank you.

0 Likes