Formal complaint - switching from Sprint to Verizon
Jvacosta2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

My family and I had been waiting a year for the iPhone 13 preorder date to switch back to Verizon from Sprint. The amount of issues we have had since preordering and switching to Verizon has been absolutely unacceptable and it seems like anytime I ask to speak to a manager or submit a compliant- it’s been completely ignored. Figured this might be my best option to actually get somewhere.

September 17, we preorder 5 phones- 2 iPhone 13s, 2 iPhone 13pro’s, and 1 iPhone 13 pro max. As we are SO excited to finally be back with Verizon, get great service (customer service and reception), and have new phones! We set up to have our numbers port from Sprint when we receive our phones and activate them.

September 21, I receive an automated call to approve the porting - I was routed to customer service where the associate who completed the process. What she failed to tell me is that once this was completed we would lose service on our  the three lines that were ported. Yesterday when my three children were at school, the service on two of their phones cut out. They were an hour and a half late getting home from school and we were not able to track their location, and text/calls would not go through. Fortunately, they stayed for tutoring -which was unknown to myself and husband- and they were able to take a bus home. Which left us frantically trying to get ahold of them and looking for them. This is absolutely unacceptable.

I called Verizon and spent an hour and a half working on trying to get a resolution- which Verizon was unable resolve.

I contacted Verizon on Facebook messenger thinking maybe they will help. They told me to go to a store and get new SIM cards for the Sprint phones that we were trading in with Verizon. So, I drove yo the Verizon store, spent an hour there trying to get new SIM cards set up. Attempted to fix the 2 phones that lost service by putting in the Verizon SIM cards. Which did not work.

Now not only do 2 of my high school children not have working phones, but while my 3rd high schooler is at football practice his phone stops working. And is stuck at the school for an extra 45 min because he can’t get ahold of anyone to pick him up. I called BACK in to customer service and spent another hour and a half on the phone trying to fix the issues. Meanwhile, we are paying for service on all 3 of these phones.

And sadly that’s not all!

Friday, we receive our phones in the mail. 2

Of the 5 were able to be activated with no issue. The other 3, I spent hours trying to get working between Friday and Saturday. Numbers wouldn’t transfer over on 2 and the third wouldn’t even show on Verizon network!

I message online chat and they determine the account wasn’t even set up correctly. That the original associate created a sub account to the 1 account I wanted.

Finally, I went back to the corporate store again. The GM remembered me from the previous time I was there for SIM cards and fortunately I only had to wait 30 mins to be helped. She determined the main line wasn’t set up correctly and the imei2 was used.

3 of the phones needed new SIM cards in order to work, and someone had deleted  our device protection off of our account- which she added back on.

I replaced all 3 of the SIM cards and our phone started working.

Now, I am wanting to finish the trade in, but we didn’t receive packaging for the 5 trades. Back to online chat i go - who says the submission ids weren’t even created for the order!! And I need to start a new trade in request for each phone. I start filling out the information for the first trade and it shows me I’ll get $310 for my iPhone 11 Pro- as opposed to the 1000 that the trade in amount credit should be.

Now I’ve been on hold trying to get ahold of customer service, YET AGAIN, for 35 minutes already.

I am absolutely appalled at the customer service, the lack of caring, and the lack of ownership that has been demonstrated over the last week and a half.

I need a resolution to all of these issues ASAP. And preferably someone from corporate complaints reach out to me, as I have no idea how to get ahold of someone from there. Next step will be BBB.

Re: Formal complaint - switching from Sprint to Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It saddens us to view the information you've included here. Thank you for providing such detailed information. We certainly don't want to lose you as our customer. First and foremost, we apologize for your inconvenience. That's certainly not the experience we ever want for you and we're here to help.

As our valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns and we’re here to assist you in any way we can. Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzw_customer_support Robert C,

The community Inbox doesn't exist anymore. Private messages are located under the envelope symbol at the top of the community page next to the profile image. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jvacosta2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support 
I responded within 1 minute, to your private message, to provide account information and verification. This was over an hour ago. 
Can you please respond and at least let me know the status and if it’s being looked at? I disconnected with customer service - as I had been on hold for 45 minutes waiting to speak to someone- when I received your message, thinking you would handle this going forward. 

0 Likes
Jvacosta2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support 
No response to my private message or the last post- that’s fine, I’ll take it up with the BBB. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear of the trouble you have been having. We want to follow up and see if you were able to get the help you needed?

*Joshua

0 Likes
Jvacosta2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support 

I sure was not. No one has contacted me back and I have already started filing my BBB dispute.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jvacosta2017 Hi, is there something I can help you with today? -Dolores

0 Likes
hfabian
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issues with the credit, I moved 4 lines from Sprint, & don't have any info on how to get the $800 for each phone I'm turning in.  Verizon is a mess & I'm now starting to see these issues on here. 

0 Likes
DeltaPrime

I have been experiencing a similar problem with three lines I brought over to Verizon. Customer Care could not lookup any of my trade-ins. By sheer luck, I found them listed on an account activity page on their website, under "Most Recent".  The direct URL is https://www.verizon.com/digital/nsa/secure/ui/optg/.

If that URL doesn't work, try  selecting "Account" from the top menu, then "More", then "Notifications", then "See account history", then "Current", then Most Recent (little down arrow on right). I'm sure there's a more direct route 🙂

0 Likes