Fraud department
Mendoza3y
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been trying to add a line and activate a device and have spent over 5 hrs on the phone with customer service, they said the fraud department is stopping them from adding the line, two reps have tried to reach the fraud department and haven’t been able to get through. I called them directly and sat on hold for over an hour to be immediately hung up on, I called back waited another hour and the rep answered I gave them my name and they hung up on me as well. Is there any other way to get in contact with these people? Or any other way to get my issue taken care of? 

Re: Fraud department
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're truly disappointed to learn this has been your experience with trying to add a line, Mendoza3y. Unfortunately, our fraud Team can only be reached by phone. We will definitely provide some feedback regarding your experience and would like to apologize that your call was disconnected. We would recommend that you reach out to them by phone again.We'd like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. -Danielle

0 Likes
colbysing

I have been having the same problem since October 10th. I received emails and followed all of the directions to no avail.  Our order was still cancelled.  We tried to go to the store and complete the order, but our account is still on hold because of fraud.  We have been customers for over 20 years, and now we are fraudulent for trying to add a line to our account? I have spent 18 hours on hold since Oct. 12th.  I've spoken to reps at our local store and online.  Every time I get transferred to the fraud department only to be stuck on hold for hours.  Today, when on hold, after 30 minutes it gives a message that says "Our team is currently busy.  Please try again later." and hangs up.  This is beyond frustrating.  I appreciate the fraud protection, but I do not appreciate the unending hoops that we are having to jump through. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Mendoza3y wrote:

I have been trying to add a line and activate a device and have spent over 5 hrs on the phone with customer service, they said the fraud department is stopping them from adding the line, two reps have tried to reach the fraud department and haven’t been able to get through. I called them directly and sat on hold for over an hour to be immediately hung up on, I called back waited another hour and the rep answered I gave them my name and they hung up on me as well. Is there any other way to get in contact with these people? Or any other way to get my issue taken care of? 

Was it 888-483-7200 that you called for the Fraud Department?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes