Fraudulent Phone Purchase
cjs9473
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently purchased my daughter a phone directly from Apple. I got an email from Verizon saying that I had documents, so I went on to look at them. Then I happened to notice a purchase agreement for a phone that I did not purchase.   It was on my other daughters number. There was no online order showing on my account. When I went into look at upgrades, it said that she had an upgrade available and when I called her, her phone was still working. I was very confused. I called and talk to customer service, and they told me that it wasn’t showing up on their end so don’t worry about it. Well, I can’t not worry about it. I called and talk to someone in fraud and they put in an investigation. They were able to see that someone tried to order something on August 4th. They unregistered my account. But I got very little information about where the purchase took place, where it was going, etc. How was somebody able to do this without me getting any notification that the purchases was made? The rep I talked to was not very communicative and I have no idea whether I will be able to find out what the end result will be. He to.d me to keep an eye on my account. Well; duh.  The first payment was slated for Sept. 12, so hopefully that won’t happen. Has anybody else had an experience like this?

0 Likes
Re: Fraudulent Phone Purchase
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cjs9473, we certainly understand the level of concern over this fraudulent upgrade order on your daughter's line. We get the need for a full resolution and that you're provided with all the applicable details around how this happened to begin with. Fraudulent purchases happen on different levels and only our Fraud Department can confirm the full details of what took place once the existing investigation is completed. 

To gain closure on this existing fraud issue, please contact our Fraud Department at 888-483-7200 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM ET. We'll be here for you should you need any further assistance.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes