Free Call Filter
JF321
Enthusiast - Level 2

Followed a link from a news article about the new FREE call filter.  Downloaded the service from the link only to find out a month later it was not free.  I'm fairly certain nothing was said about charges when I started the supposidly free call filter.  Looks like I'm out $5 because I trusted the link and Verizon's non-disclosure of the real charges.

There is something to be said about Verizon's business plan.  They do very little or nothing to stop spam phone calls.  Then they turn around and charge customers for services to block those annoying calls.  I find it hard to believe there isn't more Verizon and other providers can do about these unwanted calls ... besides charging customers to block them.

0 Likes
Re: Free Call Filter
boringusername
Master - Level 1

it IS free. No way you paid $5 since the paid verison has 30 day FREE trial. You obviously did something wrong

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

You selected Call Filter instead of Call Filter Free.

Call Filter FreeCall Filter Free

0 Likes
JF321
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't tell me that Verizon didn't charge me about $5 ... I have the bill!!!

And yes i did something wrong ... I trusted Verizon to be honest about their FREE (?) spam blocking service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any confusion regarding the Call Filter feature and the options available for our valued customers, JF321. You have the option to get the basics (spam detection, blocking, and reporting) for free, or you can subscribe and get those features and more for $2.99 per month, per line. Your satisfaction and clear disclosure of your options are paramount to us, please confirm the above information on number 2 at this link (http://spr.ly/6600E5icq).

Please note that an updated version of the Call Filter app is required for the free and premium feature set. This information can be confirmed on number 4 at the above link.

Aside from clarifying that we offer a free option for the Call Filter feature, is there any other Verizon Wireless question I can answer for you today?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@JF321 wrote:

Don't tell me that Verizon didn't charge me about $5 ... I have the bill!!!

And yes i did something wrong ... I trusted Verizon to be honest about their FREE (?) spam blocking service.

You downloaded the wrong app. And As I said they have free trial. I tell you whatever I want, Mr Rude Guy

0 Likes
JF321
Enthusiast - Level 2

boringusername:  You sound like the kind of person we all need/want a "call filter" for.

0 Likes