Free Phone I received for trade in has a payment plan
Carlosrsj

Does anyone know why a phone I received for free after trading in an old one has a payment plan on it? It's not charging me a cent every month so the old phone covered the cost of this new one but now I can't upgrade until this new one is "paid off" which should already be paid off

0 Likes
Re: Free Phone I received for trade in has a payment plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important for your bill to be correct. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Note. *Rebecca

0 Likes
Re: Free Phone I received for trade in has a payment plan
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Carlosrsj wrote:

Does anyone know why a phone I received for free after trading in an old one has a payment plan on it? It's not charging me a cent every month so the old phone covered the cost of this new one but now I can't upgrade until this new one is "paid off" which should already be paid off

Even the "free" phones have a 24 month device payment agreement associated with the purchase. The full retail price of the phone is financed into 24 payments and the customer is credited back each monthly installment cost in the bill over those same 24 months. Hence the "free" portion of the promotion. If you want out of the device payment agreement early, then you have to pay the remaining balance of the agreement and you will forfeit any bill credits you haven't received yet. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes