Free tablet is not free
MatureLady
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded by phone a couple of months ago and was told that as long as I did not change my provided for two years my bill would be basically that same as it was.  I was supposed to get credit each month so that by the end of two years I got the phone for free.  Sounds good right???  Several days later I went into the store to ask a couple of questions about the phone. The girl answered my questions and asked if I had gotten my free tablet.  I told her no none had mentioned it.  I was charge the $50 for the tablet and told I would get a $50 gift card in the mail. Good deal right!!!!  I am on auto pay and the other day I got a message from my credit card company that my payment was so much more than previous months they wanted to be sure it was correct.  I checked my bill and discovered that not only am I paying an additional $10 a month for the 'FREE' tablet, but there was a $50 set-up fee! I really wouldn't call this a free tablet. Verizon is not a customer friendly company.  What they are doing may not be against the law, which I am not sure of, but it sure isn't ethical.  Hopefully their dishonest company practices will come to bite them where it hurts.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Free tablet is not free
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Just like when you get your free phone every upgrade period especially in years past but still have to pay for service. I didn't see the dishonesty in that not in this either.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

People still aren't reading what they're signing. It amazes me.

I am sorry that you feel like it was dishonest but you get nothing for free.

0 Likes
RENWAG25

I agree with you and although we all know that nothing is "free" I know that when receiving my "free" tablet with my new phone as much as the set-up costs were shared (& I didn't get an offer for a gift card) and even the $10 dollar a month charge was shared - the young sales lady FAILED to indicate the impact it would have to my data plan - VERY sad. I have turned it off - for good at this point. Will change carriers as time allows - I do not appreciate the non-disclosure - which has cost $ me more the last two months.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

BBest wishes at your new carrier

0 Likes
Jambinz

They are still doing it in 2018.  Essentially, you pay $120 a year for 2 years ($240) for a 40 dollar Tab E.  Early termination is full price.  Shady?  Oh yeah.  I trusted my sales rep to be looking out for me - didn't think I would get totally ripped off. Here's hoping a better phone company starts up in 398 days, I'm ready to leave Verizon for ever.

0 Likes