Frequent Call Drops in Hudson Valley NY Area
Holly44

Suddenly many of us in the Hudson Valley NY area are experiencing frequent dropped calls.  Calls drop in places they never dropped in the past and it's frequent.  I personally have two cell phones and my wife has one and all experience the same problem.  I do not believe the phones are the problem as I hear this is happening to numerous subscribers in the area.

This all seemed to start more frequently after a big storm a few months back but I can't be sure.  Whatever it is I'm starting to consider another provider for less money.  The only reason I haven't switched from Verizon already is the service was great just about everywhere I would go but dropped calls have become more the rule rather than the exception as of late.

0 Likes
Re: Frequent Call Drops in Hudson Valley NY Area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of staying connected with reliable service and we want to get to the bottom of this to help you stay. What does the signal show when the call drops? Is this happeinng indoors and outdoors? May I have the name of your city and the nearest intersection to further pinpoint the location? 

0 Likes
Re: Frequent Call Drops in Hudson Valley NY Area
Holly44

Happens inside and outside.  I'm often traveling but not always.  In and around Wappingers Falls, NY is where I primarily travel but I'm often traveling to Westchester County via the Taconic State Parkway, I-684 or RT 9.  These are the more frequent trouble spots/routes that were fine in the past:

Taconic State Parkway from the interchange at I-84 all the way to White Plains has become a problem

RT 9 from I-84 to Croton-On-Hudson has become a problematic route.

Traveling East from the Taconic State Parkway and I-84 interchange to I-684 and West in the other direction has always dropped calls just East of the Taconic State Parkway but lately has been problematic across the entire stretch.

The area around 241 Myers Corners Rd, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590 drops calls constantly and this is more recent.  I never experienced dropped calls anywhere near this area in the past.

The entire stretch between 567 Old Hopewell Rd, Hopewell Junction, NY 12533 to the intersection of Old Hopewell Rd and RT 9 in Wappingers Falls is problematic.

In all cases the signal drops off dramatically before the call drops.  Again, this is a relatively recent occurrence and happens to all VZW customers that I have talked to.

0 Likes