Friends and Family Website Bug?
Mafi

I have two separate phone plans on my account.  The first is a Family Share plan with 1400 minutes and 5 lines.  The second is a 900 individual plan.  I pay for two separate plans.

Both of these plans are Friends and Family plans.  I'm supposed to get 10 F&F numbers with the family plan and 5 F&F numbers with the individual plan

However online, after I log into My Verizon, the F&F section is treating all the lines as being on one plan.  I can only add 10 F&F numbers, regardless of which phone number I pick as the active number for the session.  Further, when I click the link to show all the phone lines that are sharing these 10 F&F numbers, the popup lists all 6 phone lines (5 from the share plan, 1 from the individual plan).

Is this a My Verizon bug?  Am I really limited to just 10 across both plans?  If that's the case, I'll break the second plan off into its own account and therefore get all that I pay for.

Any ideas? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Friends and Family Website Bug?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
I wouldn't call it a bug so much as I would say it's temporarily functioning as designed. This type of account set up wasn't built into the way F&F was supposed to work, so for the time being this is a limitation of the feature. It is supposed to be fixed sometime in the near future so that your family share plan and single line will have seperate lists for their F&F numbers. But at this time if you really wanted to get those extra five numbers you would have to put it on a different account. You can actually just put it to a different account level and that will work too. Ever notice how on your bill is shows your account number with -00001 at the end? You can have -00002, -00003..you get the idea. Each sub-level would be treated as a different account but without all the hassle of actually setting up a new account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3
I haven't seen that one, but I would hope that is a bug with My Verizon.  I recommend giving Customer Service a call and see what they say exactly.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
I wouldn't call it a bug so much as I would say it's temporarily functioning as designed. This type of account set up wasn't built into the way F&F was supposed to work, so for the time being this is a limitation of the feature. It is supposed to be fixed sometime in the near future so that your family share plan and single line will have seperate lists for their F&F numbers. But at this time if you really wanted to get those extra five numbers you would have to put it on a different account. You can actually just put it to a different account level and that will work too. Ever notice how on your bill is shows your account number with -00001 at the end? You can have -00002, -00003..you get the idea. Each sub-level would be treated as a different account but without all the hassle of actually setting up a new account.
0 Likes
Mafi

mmchileman,  Bummer!

Anyone else concur?  If that is the case, then yes, I'll break it out into a new subaccount. 

0 Likes
Dizavis
nmchileman is absolutely 100% correct!
0 Likes