Frustration trying to get promotional trade in credit
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

After 5 lengthy phone calls to the Verizon trade in team, I am no closer to learning the status of my promotional trade in. Even though I have the UPS delivery confirmation, I never received a confirmation EMail, so do not have a Submission ID. The online status form shows nothing when I reference my EMail.

I upgraded one line to an iPhone XR during the November promotion that credits $100 for a list of valid iPhone trade ins. I had an older iPhone 5S from 1 of the 3 lines on my family plan and this qualified for the promotion. I also upgraded another line to an iPhone 8, however that phone did not include any promotion.

First my order arrived without the return shipping materials, then after speaking with a CSR they sent out the return pouch but without the shipping label. Finally, on the third try, I received the shipping label, packaged an iPhone 5S previously used on our family plan and shipped it to Verizon.

My original order was completed through a chat and I kept all the transcripts. It was clear that I would begin receiving a monthly credit of $4.17 on the first or second billing cycle.

Bottom line; my purchasing agreement called for a $100 credit towards the iPhone XR, to be spread over 24 months. I complied with my part of the agreement by submitting the qualifying trade in phone. I have the UPS record of delivery, yet Verizion cannot tell me what my Submission ID is or the status of the rebate.

It sure would make things a lot easier if Verizon offered an EMail address, as I would send them all the transcripts regarding my promotional order. Instead, I have probably spent 5 hours on the phone and through online chat and I am no further ahead obtaining the status of my promotional trade in.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Frustration trying to get promotional trade in credit
shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

gkski,

Getting a new phone should be an exciting time for you, so we're sorry to learn that the time you've had to invest in trying to get information about your promotional trade-in status is overshadowing that excitement for you. We understand your frustration and want nothing more than for you to get the help you need. What's the exact date your order was placed? Besides the UPS tracking information you have, was the trade-in team able to confirm that your device was received and processed as a return in our warehouse?

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

My order was on 11/10/18 during the $100 credit promotion for upgrades to iPhone XR.

Best response I can get is that they agree with the UPS tracking. Why I cannot get a confirmation EMail or at least the Submission ID is beyond me. Because of this, I am nervous waiting till my 2nd billing cycle to learn that the credit is still not forthcoming. My sales agreement was for $4.17 monthly credit for 24 months. I have all my documentation, just no Verizon EMail address to send things to.

0 Likes
chakiah_vzw
Verizon Employee

That additional information is appreciated, gkski. I understand your concern to ensure you're getting the promotional discount. I'd like to take a closer look at your account. For your account security, I've sent you a Private Message. Please review it, as we will continue to work through that platform.

ChakiaH_VZW
If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was asked to create a Submission ID by going into My Verizon and asking again to trade in my iPhone 5S. I didn't think I could complete this process because it asks for the MEID or IMEI and I knew the phone had already been received in Fort Worth.

Fortunately, I still had documentation showing the iPhone 5S' IMEI so entering it and completing the process I was able to create a Submission ID.

So now I have a Submission ID, but somehow I need someone to associate this with the physical trade in phone that has already been received and set up for the $100 credit spread over 24 months. Obviously, I do not need the shipping label as I no longer have a phone to return.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want you to see this credit on your bill. It can take up to three billing cycles to see the credit. If you do not see it by then, please reach out again.

CraigS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JWagner3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue, only my trade in was for $200.00.  Since November I have called a minimum of 5 times and each time was told it was all set.  Well now its march, still no credit.  I am beyond frustrated!!!!!!  I keep getting told they will call me back, of course they don’t .  Been with them for 15-20 years, they don’t give a rats butt about us.  I am so done.

0 Likes