Future text messages with the date 3/7/2014
m_r_canter

About 2 days ago I started receiving legitimate text messages, but they have a future date of 3/7/2014.

Today I received a calendar alert for a birthday that occurs on 3/7/2014.

It seems as if there is a server somewhere in Verizon Wireless with the wrong date.

Has anyone else had this issue?

thanks,

m.r.canter

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Future text messages with the date 3/7/2014
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

m.r.canter wrote:

I am telling you this is a server in the VW network.  there are now 2 others in my plan that have the same issue.  These are different phones and different styles of phone.  This problem needs to be escalated to VW technical support.

Then you should call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 and tell them. Since this is a peer to peer customer forum, immediate solutions are not guaranteed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello m.r.canter! I'm sorry that you've experienced these date stamp issues. No, I haven't seen such a thing happened but it sounds like you may be experiencing a device issue. It's your device that stamps communications (calls and messages) based on what it knows of the local time and date. Which model device do you use, and what zip code are you in?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
m_r_canter

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.  I do not think it is the phone, because most messages are dated correctly. But some textmessages, calendar events and today phone calls have been dated with 3/9/2014... 2 days ago, it was 3/7/2014.  I am in the 75081 zipcode.

0 Likes
m_r_canter

The date on my phone is 3/9/2014!  but the datetime is set by the Verizon network.  I am not sure how to set the date or time on my phone as it has always been downloaded automatically.  When I change timezones, the time changes automatically.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to uncheck the automatic date settings and change it manually.

The SIM card and its connection with the Verizon Wireless network is how the phone is getting the date and time. It might be worth going to a corporate store and getting a new SIM card. Yours might be bad somehow.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

m_r_canter

I am telling you this is a server in the VW network.  there are now 2 others in my plan that have the same issue.  These are different phones and different styles of phone.  This problem needs to be escalated to VW technical support.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

m.r.canter wrote:

Then you should call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 and tell them. Since this is a peer to peer customer forum, immediate solutions are not guaranteed.

0 Likes
m_r_canter

thank you!  it is very hard to find a phone number!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

m.r.canter wrote:

thank you!  it is very hard to find a phone number!

How? The same number is on your bill. The *611  number is likely preprogrammed into your phone and goes to the same customer service department as the 1-800 number. There is also the Contact Us link above on every  Verizon Wireless web page. It might be in the MyVerizon app on the phone although I can't confirm that since I disable that application on every phone when I can. The number has been posted on this community thousands of times. I have personally done it so much that my SwiftKey keyboard predicts it after a combination of word prediction selections.

0 Likes
m_r_canter

Wow! Thanks again for all your support. This is the first time I've been on this website. I don't see the phone bill as this is a corporate account.  I will try harder not to offend anyone.

0 Likes