GREEDY!!! Take your $30 upgrade fee, after 10 years I'm leaving you.
tlkgt76

I don't care how many of you greedy cell phone companies out there are charging this now, Verizon signed a contract with my company YEARS ago stating we would NEVER have to pay activation or upgrade fees.  It doesn't seem like $30 is that big of a deal until you have a family and have to upgrade all the phones.  (Try $30 x's multiple family members PLUS the price of the phones.)  THEN you increase the data plan monthly fee from $30 to $40 a month?????

Going from two Droids and an old style phone to what's available now and not the same exact Samsung my daughter has had now for three years, that means I'll have to pay an extra $60 a month now too!!!  YOU CAN TAKE THOSE FEES AND SHOVE THEM!

If you still provided a regular cell phone that's not five years old for families maybe I would feel differently.  $40 MONTHLY FEES FOR DATA PLANS ARE OUTRAGOUS.

I'm at the end of my 2 year contract term and comparing different companies, wouldn't NOW be a terrible time to tick me off with a bunch of extra fees?  I've got news for you, Sprint wants my business and is certainly willing to waive this fee to bring me over to their side.  Call it the dark side if you want, but they're charges are also cheaper (right now I have two Droids and an old fashioned cell phone on my family plan, all three of us can have iPhone 5's with data plans and it comes up cheaper than your plan!!!!  Oh, did I mention that includes UNLIMITED data for all three of us, promised for LIFE?).

You've already ticked me off royally by changing my data plan MID-CONTRACT from unlimited to 2gb because the crappy phone you provided me DIED and had to be replaced (that's right folks, when Verizon had to provide me with a new phone because mine was still under warranty and only a few months old, they changed my data plan!!!!!!!)  When the sucking Sony Ericcson replacement died again, I had to get a five year old phone from eBay just to get by.

Terrible service + crappy phone + greedy company = kiss my rear

You may not care now, but if you keep ticking off customers someday you won't have any left.  Oh and by the way, I've let everybody I know in on this little adventure, some of which were at my desk when I was conversing with your customer service reps via chat and phone call.

Go ahead now and lock down this post so nobody can reply or delete it so your customers won't see it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: GREEDY!!! Take your $30 upgrade fee, after 10 years I'm leaving you.
fleafly
Contributor - Level 1

I can agree with your frustrations and I don't blame you for wanting to switch. I have to wait 1 more year till I can leave VZW. We originally went with VZW because of their coverage here in the Southwest, but since we dont do as much traveling, it isn't as big of a concern to us at all anymore and have been looking at Sprint and AT&T as alternatives lately. Another big issue for me wanting to leave is VZWs lack of great phones and when they do offer another popular phone, it is 2-5 months after the other big providers get them. I won't be renewing my contract with VZW, it is time to switch companies. Good luck!

0 Likes
Annarah9193

Well said.

0 Likes
Re: GREEDY!!!  Take your $30 upgrade fee, after 10 years I'm leaving you.
Not applicable

I guess you'll be playing musical carriers then because in 2 years at&t will charge you $36 to upgrade and so will Sprint. T-Mobile doesn't even offer upgrades anymore they make you pay full price. So good luck with your new carrier.

Annarah9193

AT & T is now offering a monthly plan with no contract.  Much cheaper, and no contract.  Its gonna get competitive!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What are the details of the cheaper AT&T plan?

0 Likes
Annarah9193

Im considering a no-contract plan at about $120 that includes 3 or 4 dumb phones, and 2 tablets with no contract, I dont need smart phones when I have a tablet.. Im pretty sure the $160 I mentioned  is no-contract AT&T Launches Best-Ever Prices for Families on its Best-in-Class 4G LTE Network | AT&T 3. Value pricing for no annual service contract or on an installment agmt.  Other charges & restr's apply. - See more at: http://about.att.com/newsroom/att_launches_best_ever_prices_for_families_on_its_best_in_class_4g_lte...

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

How are you acquiring the phones and tablets to use with AT&T's service?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Annarah9193 wrote:

Im considering a no-contract plan at about $120 that includes 3 or 4 dumb phones, and 2 tablets with no contract, I dont need smart phones when I have a tablet.. Im pretty sure the $160 I mentioned  is no-contract AT&T Launches Best-Ever Prices for Families on its Best-in-Class 4G LTE Network | AT&T 3. Value pricing for no annual service contract or on an installment agmt.  Other charges & restr's apply. - See more at: http://about.att.com/newsroom/att_launches_best_ever_prices_for_families_on_its_best_in_class_4g_lte...

For that plan, you have to purchase the phones at the full retail price or through their AT&T Next program which is similar to the Verizon Edge program.  Which will cost much more then the $30 upgrade fees per line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

And what you are not taking into account on those at&t plans you are required to either pay full price for the phones up front or over time. Either 20 or 26 months. And if that's the option you want then Verizon has the exact same plan. Enjoy paying $200 for a dumb phone.