Re: Galaxy 10 BOGO for long time Verizon customers
mama23dogs
Legend

@alias4cat wrote:

Thanks mama23dogs!

I was under the estimation that you could port in a number to Verizon. So, for example, if I port out an existing number to Google Voice, I can then port in that same number to my new line. But maybe you're right in that I can't change the phone number on a new line while under a BOGO limitation? None-the-less, you're right in that line and phone number are not the same thing and I erred on that account. I appologize.

Thanks also on mentioning that Best Buy and Samsung are offering deals. I have been looking at unlocked, refurbished (both GSM and CDMA operative), S9+s with the idea that we could go to any carrier with that setup. I'd still like the S10 from Verizon, but if that's not going to happen, then I can carry my own phones elsewhere.

@mama23dogs wrote:

“Line” and phone number are the same thing.  You cannot add a line and change it’s number to your old number.  NOT POSSIBLE.   

You might keep an eye on when new phones are released   Both Best Buy and samsung has deals for preorder.   

You also might consider the gently used market   I bought 2 pixel 3 XL in January for $300 off on swappa.  

Yes.  You got it.   And google voice is a good work around.  You can cancel the old line immediately, as soon as the new line is up and running.  

You would not be under contract.  You would be under a device payment plan.  The upgraded phone can be paid off any time if you wish.  The ‘get one’ phone on the new line has to pay out the full term to get all credits.  

0 Likes
DonnieHopkins

I also have been a Verizon Customer for over 20 years with 4 Phone lines of coverage. I have been having the Shutting off issues with the Moto Z force on (3 Lines) and would like to upgrade out of known issue. It has been offensive that the deals that Verizon offers only taylor to the New customers and does not take in consideration a 20+ year customer. I have asked about upgrading to S10+ but only deals offered are Adding New Line. (I have been frustrated to the point, I am Testing a Sprint S10+ phone currently on a 30 day trial. They want my business and are offering deals.) I will let everyone know if the move is worth it. I would like to stay with verizon, but I am tired of not having any value as a 20+ year customer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@DonnieHopkins wrote:

I also have been a Verizon Customer for over 20 years with 4 Phone lines of coverage. I have been having the Shutting off issues with the Moto Z force on (3 Lines) and would like to upgrade out of known issue. It has been offensive that the deals that Verizon offers only taylor to the New customers and does not take in consideration a 20+ year customer. I have asked about upgrading to S10+ but only deals offered are Adding New Line. (I have been frustrated to the point, I am Testing a Sprint S10+ phone currently on a 30 day trial. They want my business and are offering deals.) I will let everyone know if the move is worth it. I would like to stay with verizon, but I am tired of not having any value as a 20+ year customer.

And in 2 years or so it will be the same deal with sprint.  

Just an FYI the deal to pay off your old carrier requires you trade in working phones.   If your phones are defective, Sprint won’t reimburse you.  (Same as with At&t or t-mobile).  

As an existing customer, your perk is getting to keep your plan.  My older plan is cheaper than the new plans.   ‘Worth paying full price on phones’ kind of cheaper. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DonnieHopkins, first and foremost, your 20 plus years of business means the world to us as we would never want to see you leave us. Help is here. I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Motorola devices. Have you contacted us for any resolution regarding your current devices? The Samsung Galaxy S10+ is an amazing device and I definitely understand your yearning to have it. We can go over your upgrade options but to take advantage of the BOGO (Buy One, Get One) deal, it would require a new line of service. Please advise regarding the status of your current Motorola devices as assistance is here.

NatashaR_VZW

0 Likes
Sense
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just add 2 lines with new numbers. Do not try to TRICK the system. Or go to At &T or T Mobile. God forbid you go to Sprint, worst of the big 4 companies.  You could also check out Best Buy, Sam's Club and Costco. Even the Samsung store. 

A few Verizon posts say, sorry to see you leave.  They do not care and just say that. No more fighting and doing things to keep customers. Sad. The Verizon answers are scripted and vague.  They always push for new lines, do you have a trade in, would you like a less expensive phone, and then, to top it off, do the Rewards plug. 

0 Likes