Get "this number has been disconnected" from one phone
Sooner104

When I call my daughter's number (not Verizon) from my Verizon phone I get a message, after 1 ring, of "this number has been disconnected.  When I call from my wife's phone (same Verizon account as mine), or a land line, it works fine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Get "this number has been disconnected" from one phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the full 10 digit phone number?  Does this happen when you dial from the contacts, or key in the number directly?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help Sooner104. I know how important it is for you to be able to contact your daughter. Let's get to the bottom of this.

How long has this been going on? How are you dialing her number from your cell phone? Is your daughter able to call your cell phone?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

WCasey5364

I am getting the same error message when people contact my number.  It has been that way all day.  It doesn't matter whether my number is dialed from a contact list, or directly through the keypad.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

WCasey5364- if your line is currently active and you are able to make calls out from your phone, turn off your call forwarding by dialing *73 & send to ensure your incoming calls come to you

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have either of the telephone numbers in question been ported from one carrier to another.....say.....from at&t to Verizon Wireless?

0 Likes
Sooner104

No porting. The receiving number is a Google voice number, but recurves

calls from every other phone I've tried. And the calling phone works fine

otherwise. And this has worked before.

0 Likes
n4rj

So....where is this answer located?

Can't locate it.

My phone has problem....says "Disconnected" intermittently.  My wife phone OK....Same Account.  So Far Customer service has not helped me.  1-New SIM card.  2-Agent "Reset" phone....

so, is this a problem in My Phone, or an internal switching issue with Verizon??

anybody out there to help me?

Caught in an Abyss....

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping you connected is important to us, and we want to know more about what's happening. Are you getting the error message when making a call? Is this happening in a specific location? Have you made any recent changes to your account or device settings? Share details. We are here to help you. EvelynB_VZW

0 Likes