Getting refunded for rebates
Captrs777x

We moved from tmobile to Verizon.  In doing so my wife and I both got a rebate.  We never used these rebates.  We paid off both phones before transferring.  They are just sitting in our account.  Today Verizon charged me $905 as we had to swap back to Tmobile as we had 0 service at key work locations.  They are saying they are charging us because of the rebates.  The rebates which are sitting unused in our account.  How do we go about getting this canceled/refunded?  Why would Verizon issue us $905 to our rebate center then charge us $905 vs taking them back/zeroing them out?  Seems extremely shady.

0 Likes
Re: Getting refunded for rebates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Captrs777x, thank you for contacting us today. We're concerned to learn about your situation, and we'd love to help. If you got a rebate for joining, but then disconnect your account, the rebate will be charged back. The rebates cannot be cancelled, that's why you were charged back. 

~Baldo

0 Likes
Captrs777x

So where/how do we get the money issued to us?  It doesn't make any sense.  If we had spent it it'd be different.  So how exactly do we access the money issued to us as it seems right now Verizon issued us rebates we cannot use and then charged us for them even though they still control them?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are all great questions Captrs77x and we are here to make sure we address everything correctly. I have sent you a PM, please respond there for additional assistance with this matter.

-Candice

0 Likes