Getting the Edge Plan
tmcgovern

I have been on a postpaid plan with Verizon since November 1, 2013, and I am wondering if there is any way to switch to the Edge plan. Or if the only way to do so is to pay the ETF and basically just start over.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting the Edge Plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tmcgovern, we love seeing our customers in the latest and greatest devices sooner than every 24 months. Click http://vz.to/18hFNL6  for more details about the Edge option.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to see that you are interested in our Veriaon Edge upgrade program tmcgovern. May I ask what device are you interested in getting? In most cases, your current 2-year agreement would have to be fulfilled as one of the qualifications for Verizon Edge. May I ask have you fulfilled your 2-year agreement, if you had one? Please advise so we can assist.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
tmcgovern

I have not completed the 2 year agreement, I have only had my service since

November 2013, but I have seen promotions that have allowed for early

upgrades to the Edge plan and I was curious if any of them applied to me.

On Sep 1, 2014 1:06 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Not applicable

They had a promotion going for the last couple of months where you could get on edge if you were within 1 year of your contract being done. I'm not sure if that promotion is still going but even so you;re not within a year. If you cancel your account and restart it within 60 days of you cancelling it your old contract will just be started again.

You do realize any phone you get on edge will most likely eat up your Edge discount so I'm not sure if you're just really wanting anew phone or you think you're bill will be lower because it won't be. What's your plan now( data amount ) and what phone were you looking at?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional info. Let's take a look at what options are available. May I have you send us a private message so we can take a look.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Early Edge option isn't available anymore. Customers who got the Early Edge option earlier this year had already completed one year of their contract.

You can get a new phone at the full retail price any time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tmcgovern

Yes I realize my bill will not be cheaper, that's not what I'm going for, I

just like the idea of being able to upgrade sooner.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tmcgovern, we love seeing our customers in the latest and greatest devices sooner than every 24 months. Click http://vz.to/18hFNL6  for more details about the Edge option.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes