Getting the Run-around for 6 months on Promo 54-456 up to $650 Rebate to switch
cabnva

I came to Verizon to take advantage of the Verizon Promo 54-456 when I hated my new LG G4 from Sprint, but couldn't trade it back. The sales associate [removed] and general manager, [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] at the Verizon Store at Spectrum Center in Reston, VA were very helpful and eager to get my business. I explained my situation and checked multiple times to be certain I understood the terms of the rebate. They indicated I would get a trade-in credit for my new phone (which I did) and then all I needed to do was sign-on to verizon Switchcenter.com, and provide a copy of my last bill with Sprint, and then after my account with Verizon had been in good standing for 2 billing cycles, I would get a gift card credit for up to $650 to pay for my termination fees. I was so excited about this deal, I let my sales associate know I would also try to talk my business partner into switching. I made it VERY CLEAR that I was switching FROM A BUSINESS ACCOUNT (of a business that I own).

I did all that was required and waited. After 2 billing cycles, I checked and there was a "problem" with my submission. After several calls, online chats, and finally a trip to the Spectrum Center Reston, VA Verizon store, I discovered the promo does not cover the transfer of business lines. My Verizon sales associate NEVER told me that (and she knew it was a business line).  I would never have switched had I known there was no rebate. The cost of transferring for me was $632.00 PLUS the cost of my new phone with Verizon.

I spoke with the general manager at the Verizon Spectrum Center store on 4/4/2016 and they checked my account. The original sales associate and general manager, [removed] had moved to Fair Oaks Verizon Center. They said they spoke with Mike and he would take care of it, that they would rebate my money. They gave me his phone number, [removed] and told me to follow-up with him the next day. I called him on 4/5 - he asked me to confirm the amount and then promised to credit my account. He said I needed to wait 2 billing cycles. I did wait 2 billing cycles and no credit. I called [removed] again, but no answer and his mailbox was full. I then texted him, asking him to call me. He never did, so I returned to the Verizon Spectrum Center Reston, VA store and talked to the general manager on duty. He said there was nothing he could do and that I needed to talk to [removed] , that he was not at the store when the promo was active, and that he knew nothing about it. I suggested that as a representative of Verizon that he check my account for what I'd been told was a fairly well documented record of all that had transpired. I suggested it might be good business for Verizon for him to CALL [removed] himself and walk him through the promised rebate procedure, and he said, "that's not how things work at Verizon." He said, "If I were you, I'd drive to Verizon at Fair Oaks and talk to Mike in person." I cannot believe after being scammed into this misleading promotion and switch to Verizon that the onus is on ME to take even MORE time to get what I've been promised.

Question: How can I resolve this? Should I file a claim with the Better Business Bureau?  I can tell you that after this experience, as soon as my contract is up, I'll never do business with Verizon again. The actual phone service is fantastic and the sales people are generally friendly and helpful, but the managers are not proactive and/or have their hands tied and are ineffective in handling customer dissatisfaction issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting the Run-around for 6 months on Promo 54-456 up to $650 Rebate to switch
POPROCKSNCOKE0013
Enthusiast - Level 2

seems like everyone gets the run around with these rebates, maybe they hope people will just give up and they dont have to issue them?

Re: Getting the Run-around for 6 months on Promo 54-456 up to $650 Rebate to switch
DAVNUS75
Enthusiast - Level 2

It;s a huge scam, and needs to be reported to both the BBB and state attorneys' general offices. My wife and I traded-in our T-Mobile phones and entered into new service with Verizon at the Verizon store in Vernon Hills on 6/28/16. As part of our transaction, Verizon Wireless promised gift cards for switching services. My wife and I have repeatedly submitted the two required documents (trade-in receipt, final bill) online at vzw.com/switch and switchresubmissions@yourwirelessswitchcenter.com to receive up to $500 per switched line in the form of gift cards. Instead, we keep receiving e-mails that our submissions are "invalid" and that the required documents have not been provided, which is completely false. A quick internet search found that this is a multi-state problem. I've called Verizon multiple times, and get the run-around. When I ask for managers, I'm placed on indefinite holds. I even have a screen print of a chat session as proof where the associate just disconnects me. I'd love to get my hands on their internal procedure. Maybe it'll become available in the discovery phase of a class action or subpoena. It's surprising such a large, visible company would run such a scam. Could you imagine how many older, less technically sophisticated folks just give up? That's exactly what Verizon expects. Shameful.

EMMAMARIE99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called the bbb and got my money back within a week.

DAVNUS75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I filed complaints with the BBB and IL attorney general's office today. Fingers crossed...

EMMAMARIE99
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're welcome.  Good luck

0 Likes
damicom621
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will be filing with BBB and whoever else as well here in Tennessee.  Thank you for the info.  I have been waiting since March for my rebate. I have spent 15 hours on the phone trying to resolve this. I also will be contacting the media.

0 Likes
DAVNUS75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today, I received a confirmation of receipt from the BBB and that Verizon in NJ has been contacted about my complaint.

0 Likes
DAVNUS75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an e-mail yesterday from "Verizon Wireless Executive Relations", undoubtedly because they heard from the BBB. It was the same old apologies, etc. and asked that I call or e-mail. Since I don't trust these folks, I took the time to e-mail the situation, even though it'll probably be yet another waste of my time. At least when the BBB asks me if my problem was resolved and I reply "No", I'll have the documentation to back that up. 

0 Likes
DAVNUS75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got resolution to both credits (trade-in and switch promo) after I complained to the BBB. They requested a response from Verizon, and I received an e-mail one day later from Verizon Wireless Executive Relations (cersWEExecutiveRelations@VerizonWireless.com). It was very fast. Good luck, folks.

0 Likes