Gizmo watch not receiving calls
mistinyc

We purchased two Gizmo Watches on Saturday.  On Sunday, we realized one of the two is not receiving calls.  It goes directly to voicemail. It doesn't ring nor register that it received or missed a call.  Spent an hour talking to Verizon, after I did a factory reset. They did everything and then determined the watch phone must be defective.  They sent a new one which we received yesterday.  We activated it and paired it with the hub.  We called it and the exact same thing is happening.  I am doubting I got two defective devices.  It is sending and receiving texts, and it can make outgoing calls.  It is just not receiving calls.  I have checked all settings on phone and in the hub.  I even turned on the Auto-Answer option, and that didn't even work. Could it be the new phone number?? Anyone have any ideas?? The purpose of having it is so I can get a hold of her.  But I can't unless it's a text. By the way, the other phone is perfect.  Please help

0 Likes
Re: Gizmo watch not receiving calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're disappointed to learn you've been having issues with your Gizmo Watch receiving calls, mistinyc. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this so you can enjoy all features of the device. What is the operating system of the caregiver? Is this an Android or Apple device? Have you attempted to call from more than one approved number? You can learn more about the watch here as well, http://spr.ly/6608E2zOI.  

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
mistinyc

Outgoing calls are working.  It is the incoming calls from approved contacts that are not working...on two separate watch phones.  I have called from multiple apple phones and had my brother call from his android.  None worked.  It just makes zero sense.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mistinyc, we appreciate the information you provided. We understand how vital it is for the trusted contacts on the GizmoWatch to be able to call the GizmoWatch user. Don't worry. We are confident that we can resolve the incoming call issues the GizmoWatch is having. Is the GizmoHub app up to date on your phone? Are these the steps you followed to add the trusted contacts? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-133942/ Also, you mentioned that the phone number of the GizmoWatch is a new number. Was the mobile number transferred from another carrier? JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
rebleew
Enthusiast - Level 2

were you able to get this fixed?? my new gizmo watch now not allow callers to hear us. I can hear callers... 

0 Likes
BurrillGirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the same issues. We are working through the Android operating system, have tested other contacts in the Gizmo Watch, even made sure watches and phones as well as Gizmo app were updated. Have restarted all items. Have ensured that Quiet Times are not activated.  NOTHING is fixing it. Our daugher can call us but cannot hear me on a phone call when she does so, she cannot hear when I am calling, cannot here me when Gizmo is forced to answer my calls to her, she cannot hear my voicemails, and receives no notifications that she has received a text.   

Please help! This is the way our children alert us that they have made it home safely after school and we cannot communicate.

rebleew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its very frusting when it doesn't work and you really need it as a life line for a child/senior.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rebleew, having a 2-way communication with your Gizmo Watch is important, and we're here to help. Are you able to confirm the devices are activated on the lines successfully, and the device only having that voice issues with incoming calls? Are your other services working correctly?  EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, BurrillGirl. As a parent, I understand the urgency to stay in touch with your child. I'm here to help. When did this start? Are any other devices on your account experiencing the same issue? Please check the volume settings on the Gizmo Watch by follow the steps in the link: http://spr.ly/66021DeiI. Does this help?

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
MoosMom
Enthusiast - Level 1

In case anyone gets to this thread and hasn't had any luck getting the issue resolved....... My phone could call my daughter's Gizmo. Her dad's phone would not. The problem was (apparently) that his number was restricted and therefore not recognized by the Gizmo as a programed number. He changed this and was able.to connect right away.