Re: Gizmo watch not receiving calls
Dfabritiis

Not sure what is going on with Verizon,  but the Gizmo watch is starting to be a nightmare.  We bought one for our son's birthday which ofcourse arrived late. We were able to set it up and worked for 3 days with issues, not sur if it was the 4th or 5th day it stopped charging.  We called  Verizon and after a million questions asked us to send it back. We got a new one delivered and could not get it set up. The device was u der anither kids name, after multiple attempts and countless hours on the phone we have not yet hot the watch to work properly.  I can call my so. But he can't call me. Verizon set up a time to resolve this and never contacted us. I am afraid this watch is worthless. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, were you able to get your concerns resolved? EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes
Laurenhecht

We are having the same issue. One of two watches cannot receive calls from approved numbers. My daughter can make calls but incoming calls don’t show up at all. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Laurenhecht, we certainly want the watch to function correctly. When did this begin? Have you reset the watch and set it up again to see if it corrects the issue?

0 Likes
Zhanna1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. Please write step by step how to fix it. I can’t find anywhere how to fix the restricted number to recognizable by watch . Please help

0 Likes
Zhanna1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please help have the same problem . Please write step by step how to fix it . Thank you . Desperate 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zhanna1, 

We understand this is frustrating for you. Here are the instructions. You want to set it up and pair it as new. Please make sure you remove the old watch or pairing first to start fresh. 

JenelleW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our apologies. Here are the instructions https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-219755/ to set up the device as if it is new. 

JenelleW_vzw

0 Likes
AHanby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the same boat brand new gizmo watch 2 and my child can call from watch, I can text from hub  but it won’t take any incoming calls. It says  “ the person trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time”. I have reset, turned on and off, spent 3 days with Verizon chat, no numbers restricted/blocked , scoured the internet etc and nothing. Even here there is no answer to the issue. Looked at instructions below and not for gizmo 2 but still didn’t find anything useful. Tried to see if possibly the watch had “do not disturb” setting and could not find one in app or on watch.

About to give up and try and see if Samsung with AT&T will work better. Friend of mine swears by it and has an extra one. I like the simplicity of this one but since my child is 11 he can figure out the Samsung just fine. 
just so super frustrating.  I have spent 18 hours on online chats and on phone. Currently been on hold after describing problem for one hour and 30 min. That doesn’t include the half hour I spent waiting to talk to someone the first time 

0 Likes
AHanby
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been on with IT now for over an hour with no solutions - they even went to their supervisor to see if they knew anything. Supervisor asked if I could call a 3 digit number from my phone so they could see what the issue was- wondering if he has ever seen a gizmo and realizes it’s not an Apple Watch and  you can’t dial out- only trusted contacts that’s are set up in the app.

That hour and half wait for IT to get nowhere was after my 1 hour and 45 minute wait for them to do my intake, and hang out on hold just to get to IT.

Oh and after my multiple hours on online chat and researching online. It really shouldn’t be this difficult. Moving on to the Samsung watch and back to AT&T. Hoping for better results. Such a bummer my kid was so excited about this watch and all the reviews talk about how awesome and  easy it is for kids. 
The help line people were nice and friendly though so I’ll give them that 

0 Likes