Global Service - What Do I Get?
nbeinhac

Global Service - What Do I Get?

Am I correct that the $25 Global Service get me 100MB of data and that for an added $15 I get 100 minutes of voice (plus messaging) -- AND -- that besides taxes there are NO other roaming or other charges? Phone to be used in France, Holland and Iceland.

Also, is it possible to get 200MB of data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Global Service - What Do I Get?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't know about the minutes and messaging. Usually they are on a per usage rate. The data is $25/100MB. You will be charged $25 for every 100MB you use. So up to 200 would be $50 and so on. It does look like there is a new plan for wifi hotspots when you add an International Data Plan.

Most devices now accept international SIM cards. I was in Slovakia and got a prepaid SIM from Orange. It cost 8 Euros. I was charged .40 Euro for 200MB of data. Since most of my friends and family used iPhones I didn't need to use minutes only iMessage. This works well if you have an iPhone. With Androids you can prepare your friends and family to use an app like WhatsApp or GroupMe while you're away. Having to not make phone calls makes it so much cheaper.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
nceinhac,
Traveling is always an exciting time! I know that we want to make sure that you get all of the necessary features for your trip. What make/model phone do you have? When do you leave for your trip and how long will you be gone for? Please share so we can help.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't know about the minutes and messaging. Usually they are on a per usage rate. The data is $25/100MB. You will be charged $25 for every 100MB you use. So up to 200 would be $50 and so on. It does look like there is a new plan for wifi hotspots when you add an International Data Plan.

Most devices now accept international SIM cards. I was in Slovakia and got a prepaid SIM from Orange. It cost 8 Euros. I was charged .40 Euro for 200MB of data. Since most of my friends and family used iPhones I didn't need to use minutes only iMessage. This works well if you have an iPhone. With Androids you can prepare your friends and family to use an app like WhatsApp or GroupMe while you're away. Having to not make phone calls makes it so much cheaper.

0 Likes