Goodbye, Verizon
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Well, after several years, declining customer service, and excess greed, I'm finally going to be free of Verizon soon.  I have been with you guys for several years and have been very disappointed with how you guys have handled the past year or two.  Before you had the iPhone, you were at a disadvantage and made up for it with excellent customer service, new phones, and new technology.  Since you've got the iPhone, the network is slower, you don't get the newest technology (the Atrix was 8 months ahead of the Bionic, which were supposed to be released at the same time, you passed on the Lumia 920, and AT&T beat you to the S4 as well), and your customer service has become GARBAGE!  I actually had one of your in store employees tell me to my face that they can't help me with an issue I had because I had more than 6 months left on my contract.  Basically, I wasn't worth it unless I was ready to upgrade.

I've spent a lot of time with Verizon and to watch you transition from a company with exceptional customer service that strived to be the best to win over customers to just being content with being just being the status quo is sad (and annoying).  At this point, I can't see a single reason why I would stick with you. 

If you guys truly want to improve your company, start listening to your customers!  Listen to how they feel about the customer service, listen to what they say about technology, try to not just be the same but to BE THE BETTER COMPANY.  I understand you guys have to make a profit but there's a difference between making a profit and just greed.  You could have made a lot of money from actually BEING the best company, as you have done in the past.  As long as you see your customers merely as dollars (rather than customers that MAKE you the dollars), you're going to get worse and worse and it's going to cost you more in the long run. 

Anyone who is experiencing the same things with Verizon, I highly recommend looking into alternatives.  They might be exactly the same, but you already know what you're getting with Verizon.  If you're discontent with them now, it's not going to get any better.  Might as well give someone else a shot.  I'm out.  Later. 

Labels (1)