Re: HELP!! A week later, and I still can't receive calls after porting my number back to Verizon!!!!
TheodoreHouston
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, she took the WHOLE account. She had no verification. She was with Straight Talk, and porting to Boost. They don't know how she was able to take the account, but she did. My friend came up with the assumption that they disconnected the account before finishing the port. She was right. She's the only person in this whole situation. Verizon and Boost informed that the number was disconnected in the pet process. I'm waiting to see if Boost will manually send it back. 😕

0 Likes
Re: HELP!! A week later, and I still can't receive calls after porting my number back to Verizon!!!!
verizontoobigtoserve

There is a dark place called verizon black hole where customers such as myself recently and this customer find themselves -- my theory is verizon has become too big to serve. Each individual person you reach after hour long waiting on hold is pleasant and well trained in customer service; but that is where it stops. Some have more experience and more training; such as representatives in Billing and some in Technical Support; but you must go thru a screening process to reach anyone as we all know from experience; then after the hour long wait on hold to reach a customer service representative and likely another hour of discussion until that person has been convinced they cannot help and the problem is too complicated; you are transferred and put on another queque for technical support where you reach persons with varying degrees of experience -- and if your situation is described as, "I have never seen anything like this before...." ETC. then know you have entered the dark place called verizon black hole -- it take a verizon village to resolve the problem which takes many more hours -- 50 hours is not enough hours as the resolution is always just out of grasp and no one no matter how well intentioned can resolve it for you; but with each contact you cling to the hope that someway you will resolve this problem; and like a drug you keep taking it for the "hit' of human connection with someone who yet again cannot help you; my saga over the past 3 weeks is still not resolved; and then today in the process of "resolving" the problem my phone was intentionally deactivated for a few minutes (necessary step toward resolution) but when reactivated I can no longer receive or make calls; I have been on the phone with Verison today from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. resolving the first issue; which is still not fully resolved but it may be by tomorrow -- we will see; then had to get back on the phone with Verizon using my land line which is actually my work number to contact Verizon when I discovered I cannot make or receive calls; the calls come to me and show up as recent calls; but all calls go right to voice mail; I hung up with a technical support person at 3:00 p.m. after 5 hours of effort to resolve (that includes the hold times) and the resolution is per that representative and her supervisor that I have to get a NEW PHONE as this ANDROID is fried so to speak. Fortunately, the fix to my first problem involved my not getting the phone I ordered and in fact getting another phone which I did not order; as I do not like the ANDROID and decided to swap it out for a KYOCERA -- but VERIZON shipped me another product; and my bill showed I ordered two phones -- that is Saga Part One....too long for this post; however, to have the fix for that SAGA result in no phone service other than texts and I have not checked but maybe voice mails; I cannot dial out the phone drops out just like this VERIZON CUSTOMER described in her posts; it is amazing as I have been billed to date over $500 that will post to my debit card on November 11th for NOTHING. I am assured by billing that it will all sort out and be adjusted; and tomorrow the first SAGA has a KYOCERA delivered by 10:30 tomorrow; someting I don't count on happening as nothing has happened -- but it is pure comedy that on top of the 3 week saga that everyone I reach at VERIZON states they have never seen a series of problems such as I have experienced; gets topped off with VERIZON doing something that literally makes the phone I have "disabled" in that i cannot dial out and the calls that come in go straight to voice mail; after 5 HOURS VERIZON GAVE UP AND SAID THEY CANNNOT FIX WHAT THEY DID TO MY PHONE AND THE ONLY SOLUTION IS A NEW PHONE. Verizon FRIED MY PHONE!! And, again I REPEAT VERIZON (It takes a VERIZON VILLAGE) cannot fix the harm they did to my ANDROID. Whenever I see an opportunity I will be leaving VERIZON as a provider of phone service; right now it would cost me an arm and a leg (probably literally) to get out of my contract; but it is not worth it what you have to do just have a phone where resolutions to problems don't take more than maybe an hour --- but certainly not the time I have had to put into it so far; and listen to this VERIZON CUSTOMER she is a CUSTOMER -- and they don't care about her or me or any  of the customers -- not the top of the VERIZON #$%^ PILE -- while they put 'very nice' people on the front lines who are faced with the same frustrations as the customers -- VERIZON IS TOO BIG TO SERVE anyone.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn of the bad experience outlined in your post, this is certainly not the experience we want you to have. You mentioned that a new phone had to be ordered. Did you get that new phone yet?

Where your service concerns resolved with the new phone?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes