HELP!!!!! MY DROID RAZR MAXX KEEPS FORCE SWITCHING TO 3g
PLANETEARTH

I am in a FULLly coveage 4g LTE network...... the tower is less then half a mile i reset the phone for 10 minutes make sure CDMA/LTE is on ONLY ...........

and it keeps going to 3g still! but the bars on the 3g are all 6 !!!!!!! but im not even near the tower so WTF and also....... when i switch to CDMA only click automatic then immedeality switch back to 4g LTE it comes on for about 20 seconds and then shows about 2 bars to 3 bars then immedatly switches back to 3g again....... why?

Im new to verizon .........is it my phone are they doing upgrades or software updates are they diganosing the tower? what is keeping me from doing this i even went outside did a speedtest then it droped with in 30 seconds and turned to 3g with full bars....... why is it doing that?

San Antonio Texas              

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP!!!!! MY DROID RAZR MAXX KEEPS FORCE SWITCHING TO 3g
B33
Legend

Try this App it's called Restore Connectivity it's in the Google Playstore!  And leave the Switch in the CDMA/LTE position. Let me know if this Worked for you or Not..

0 Likes
PLANETEARTH

no.. i installed it rebooted and its still 3g FULL bars but 4g LTE still wont come on!!!! WTF i just bought the phone today! how.....it stoped working at 1 AM

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Are you still on the Forum!  Let Me know

0 Likes
PLANETEARTH

im right here

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok P.E. you say your not to far from the Tower Correct are you Sure it's a Verizon tower just asking ?  Does you Maxx pick up the 4G when you are in other area's of the City ?  i know San Antonio is Big but is the Phone working Say like 10 miles  20 miles from were you are at Home on different Tower. Bear with me it might sound like i'm asking to many Questions but i'm just trying to put a perspective on the issue

What i'm also trying to say to is there are Holes in the even in a Big City as Your's an even if your Close to a Tower it might not Be 4G.. But give me a Approximate area of were your at and i will pull some resources an see what you have..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You still Hanging in there P.E. i found the Verizon LTE  Map of San Antonio..

0 Likes
PLANETEARTH

....im 2321 Feet with a walking meter....... it says Verizon Telecommuncations on the towers Generator ....i have full signal when im near that tower...... and its still in 3g mode WTF it was working earlier and shut off at 1 am it is almost 5 in the morning and its still not back on

0 Likes
PLANETEARTH

i just formatted the phone near the LTE tower which i do have great coverage caused i switched it out from a samsung charge when i get around 30mbps down and 15mbps at my house and the droid razr i was getting around 56mbps down and 32mbps up on speedtest.net app and suddnely stoped working around 1 am ...so.... are they doing some type of updates ????? near the tower i get around 60mbps down and 40mbps up

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's not for me to say as it don't show on any maps when towers are being Worked on. Let's Try this Shut the Razr off pull the Sim Card Be Careful not to Touch the Gold Area of the Sim. Leave it the Sim out for at least 2 min an then Re-Install lets see what the Razr does then.  i was told by a Tech if in this situation to do this. An see if it Re-Registers an Pops up the 4G indicator.. Ok give that a Try..

0 Likes