HELP!!
cwbyfan62
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought a new Samsung S4 on Jan. 1st. I asked very exact questions about my data plan! I was having to give up my Unlimited Plan. I did not want to worry about overages (I did not want a 2Gig plan) nor did I want my bill to increase. Those were the exact first questions I asked! The Verizon Sales Rep told me I could get the 6Gig plan and my bill would not go up! I asked very specific questions and they assured me my bill would not go up!
I got my first bill and it had gone up!  I went back to the store 12 days later (inside the 14 day window) and told them I was unhappy. I waited an hour for service and was then told my bill went up because of pro-rating for a partial month!I could not, did not understand his math. But he and a Verizon Store Manager assured me my bill would return back to pre-purchase level.  It did not!

I asked all the questions, I was assured my bill would not go up. It appears the store lacked the knowledge my discount would not apply to my new Data plan, thus the increase in my bill!

I have spent hours holding on the Customer Service line, I have talked to reps and managers. No one will help me. I'm told it's my problem. I don't understand why they won't help me!

I was told I should have gone back within 14 days! But I did, I went back 12 days later and was told the same thing! I id everything I was supposed to do...how do I get help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP!!
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If you switched to the 6GB "Loyalty" plan then, yes the employer discount reportedly does not apply to that because it it already discounted.

The store reps likely do not know the ins and outs of employer discounts as they don't really deal with them.

How much was the discount before?  How much has your bill gone up?

0 Likes
cwbyfan62
Enthusiast - Level 3

My bill went up a little over $7.00 a month.

I've had a Verizon CS Rep tell me it wasn't a lot of money, so I asked him to pay the difference each month. He declined.

Yes, I absolutely agree with you that the Store Salesperson and Manager are miscalculating my monthly bill due to my discount. Problem is, they told me my bill would not go up. I went back 12 days later and again they told me my bill did not go up.
Their ignorance of their own policies should not cost me money! I asked the questions, they assured me it would not! Even a manager told me it would not go up...

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

The store reps can't guarantee that your bill will not go up.

They have no control over that.

What they are looking at is your previous plan charges vs. your new plan charges. And it sounds like they accurately stated that the new plan charges are not more than your old plan charges.

The "discount" that you may have doesn't come into play with what they are looking at.  It is calculated afterward if applicable.

0 Likes
cwbyfan62
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ttipgem...who are you? Are you a Verizon rep?  If not, if your not going to be helpful, don't post.

The store reps are Verizon Representatives...they are the one who stood there and made me my offer. They absolutely calculated my bill, with discount. They showed me twice including a manager that my bill would not go up?

Who should I have asked? They were the Verizon reps selling me a phone!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only official employees on this community post via the handle and have a Verizon avatar. The rest are customers just like you and me including ttipgem.

How about you post some details of the charges for the bill you are questioning without any personal information? Then the community members can see what you see and can help explain why the numbers are what they are.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cwbyfan62
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for trying to help. I do not need help understanding my bill or the charges. I understand perfectly what the numbers are.
What I need is Verizon to honor the verbal contract their employees made when selling me my phone and contract. The store reps were misinformed when the calculated my bill. Including a manager! I went back to question it 12 days later and they again told me it would not go up, again THEY were misinformed!

I told the sales person before I bought the phone I did not want to pay more each month. I told him if they could not set me up with a program that would do that, I would then go shop their competitors and see what plans they had. I repeatedly emphasized I did not want my bill to go up, or be worried about overages! They repeatedly assured me my bill would not go up!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verbal agreements are not enforceable. You probably also changed your plan in the middle of your billing cycle so that affected the plan change.

If you don't want to post more details. Fine. I guess no one here will be able to assist you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cwbyfan62
Enthusiast - Level 3

As representatives of Verizon, verbal statements made as incentive to induce a sale, are valid in the State of California.

If a sales person tells me one thing and then sells me another, that is considered bait and switch!

I have 2 consecutive bills with the increase, so any prorated amounts would be gone on the second bill. 

Again, I completely understand the amounts, rates and all. I don't need help, thank you!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then WHY did you post a question on the Verizon Wireless Community forum?

0 Likes