HOW HARD IS IT TO TALK TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP??
LatoyaD

HOW HARD IS IT TO TALK TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP??

There is NOT ONE number I can use to talk to a rep directly, only telephone automated service. I do NOT want to keep pushing buttons through a service that doesn't even give me the option that I am LOOKING FOR. I have QUESTIONS about my mobile number being changed & neither the questions OR the answers are listed on the website & there is ONLY phone automated service. This is NOT REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE. As soon as my contract is up, I'M LEAVING.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HOW HARD IS IT TO TALK TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP??
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

800-922-0204, option 4 say agent. or LEAVE.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LatoyaD,

We definitely do not want to see you leave! We are right here to assist. What questions do you have? Were you able to get to an agent via our automated system?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AerisVirga
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you're really willing to leave a company because you're not smart enough to get through the prompts, then you have a problem. Every single cell company uses automated systems, and a lot of them (straight talk, t-mobile, sprint...) are really complicated and many won't even let you jump right to an agent. So if that's enough to make you leave, well..

jadwinjim

As a rule of thumb I find any automated response system built to accommodate mental midgets.  The vast majority of annoyance comes from the automated responses NOT RELATING to the customers question they want answered.  If you want to speak to a live breathing person do one of two things. (1)  Yell AGENT into the phone until the someone picks up.  Remember if someone does pick up, that person is the bottom of the rung technical ladder.  If no one picks up as a result of your voice command of AGENT, then (2) choose the option of cancelling your service.  I guarantee a live person will pick up if for no other reason than trying to prevent you from leaving.

Since you are the one paying the bill, it matters little what it takes for your desire to drop your carrier.  The quicker the vendors realize this, there service may improve.  (but I doubt it)

0 Likes
LatoyaD

There's no need for shade or for trying to assume my intelligence level because obviously you're lacking. If you cannot respond to a thread without being rude, you're the one who needs help. When I FINALLY got thru to an agent, he explained to me that the prompts are set up because & I quote "People Complain Too Much" & they try to get customers to go thru the all prompts before reaching a rep. I had a question that was NOT on the website NOR was given as an option in the prompts. The problem was that I was attempting to change my mobile number online, but the screen kept freezing. After attempting to do it by phone, I was successful, BUT I did not hear my new number because service was going in & out due to the storm. I needed a REP to go back into the system & tell me my new mobile number & to inquire about the vaugue charges for changing immediately that were listed on the site but not given specific definitions. And YES, if every time I need help & I can't REACH a rep to solve it, that's a REASON to leave. ✌

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you just needing the number & have an Android phone you can find your Mobile Number by Tapping on settings >> then scrolling up the page to about phone then Look for status)  There you should find your  Mobile number, the phones MIN  the PRL code the IMEI and other important stuff that helps run the phone.. on some phones what I listed maybe in another section next to status but should under the about phone section..

Another way of finding feature that you have attached to the phone or Line is by looking in at your  My Verizon

0 Likes
jadwinjim

LatoyaD... All your points are valid, however I'm in a fog with respect to the point you are trying to make with your comment "There's no need for shade"?

The agent you spoke with is telling the truth.  It also has to do with the almighty $$$.  If they wanted to resolve your problem quickly they would not bother you with a system of endless and confusing prompts prior to you speaking to a live person.  The company goal is to attempt to resolve your problem without ever speaking to an agent unless absolutely necessary. (The company views it as saving manpower which in turn saves $$$$$)    The one thing for sure is their customer service has gone down the toilet.  The irony of it all is Verizon Wireless is one of the better ones.  AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile etc have worse networks although each claims to be the best.  Check out Consumer Reports and you will notice Verizon Wireless leads all other carriers in every major market  Bad service is the price we pay for "Globalization" and a government that is in bed with big business, no matter what political party is in power.. 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

On an Android or an iPhone you can go to contacts and scroll all the way to the top of the list and your number will be there. The easiest way is to is to call another phone from your phone and get the number from caller ID. You'll also be able to see it by signing in to your account on the website.

The fee to change your number is $0 if you do it yourself and $15 if you do it through a rep at a store or over the phone and will be billed on your next bill.

To get through to a rep on the telephone I always just keep selecting 0 until I get someone. This method has only failed me when calling the USPS. I think their phone tree is the worst ever. I have never had a problem getting through VZW's or anyone else's. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi LatoyaD!

Let's get to the bottom of this! What specific concerns do you have about the telephone number change? When you log into your My Verizon account is your new number not displayed?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes