Re: HTC One on VZ Wireless?
IvoryKing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list of long standing Verizon customers that are about to switch carriers for an HTC One. I came up for renewal in January and waited for the HTC One announcement. Shock, dismay! No Verizon.

I search the web every day for signs that Verizon will take the HTC One stick a DNA II label on it and get it on the shelf. I can only wait so long with no news and no hope.

Vincent_328
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like what I'm doing every day. My contract is up in the next 30 days and I really want to upgrade to a HTC One. I'm hoping the Droid DNA Plus rumors are true, but I'm only going to wait for so long with no word from Verizon.

0 Likes
IvoryKing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea, I’ve been ready to buy for a month and my Thunderbolt is hanging by a thread. That HTC One looks awesome. Let me know if you hear any news.

bb

GHertz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a longstanding VZW customer also, and I too have been waiting for a new flagship Android phone to arrive.  I'm excited by the HTC ONE because of the processing power.  The HTC Droid Incredible I have now has been a nice phone but when I'm playing Google's new Ingress game the frame rate dips to very low frames-per-second rendering numbers when I'm in the best areas and I need all the processing power I can get to handle the data and render graphics.  It's incomprehensible why Verizon would roll out a batch of unwelcome underperforming Windows 8 phones and leave the One series off the table.  I'm also interested in the unlocked option if phones with the right kind of radios are available.  If not... well, I just went to AT&T and Sprint's websites, and in 12 years since I've been a Verizon customer AT&T has rolled out 4G at my home address, and Sprint has rolled out 3G & More.  I've got two family members ready to add line & upgrade to smartphones and my contract is up so it is a good time to think about switching.  I'd rather avoid the hassle and stick with Verizon, but if I can't get the kind of phone I want I'm willing to do the work to make the switch.

Message was edited by: G Hertz Actually a number of my friends have recently switched to pay-as-you-go Android smartphones with Google Voice.  Seems like a nice option which I didn't realize was available.  Anyone know of a pay-as-you-go offering of the HTC ONE in the USA?  Three is offering it paygo in the UK.

HTC One on VZ Wireless?
Vincent_328
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't mean to seem a disgruntled customer, i just want a HTC One. Verizon is sure to carry the Samsung Galaxy S4, which will have specs pretty much on par with the HTC One, but I just rather have the HTC phone. It's going to be a little smaller and have the all aluminum chassis, which I really like.

Google DLXPLUS (Droid DNA Plus = HTC One?) and you'll see rumors that the phone is coming to Verizon. I just hope it's in the not too distant future, since the HTC One releases in just a few weeks.

0 Likes
Mr_Babump
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm right there with everyone on this topic!  It seems like Verizon is always passing or delaying some of the coolest phones!!!!  Why do they do that? It's so annoying!  It's time for me to get a new phone and after reading the specs on upcoming gadgets I'm obsessing over the HTC One.  Man Verizon!  Figure it out please!

0 Likes
rbw62
Enthusiast - Level 2

My contract is up next week, I purchased a Rezound with ICS already on it off eBay because of the Thunderbolt disaster, I had up to 3 replaced. I love the Rezound, it is a solid phone, nothing out there comes close for a replacement, until I read about the HTC One. just love the specs and aluminum body, wow. I fell in love with it. Now I got to have it.

That DNA is crap next to the ONE! My contract is over next week. the ONE is coming out 5/15/13, that is when you lose a 4 year customer.

0 Likes
swieder
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list of Verizon customers that wants the HTC One.  The DNA does not cut it for me due to the lack of storage memory.

Come on Vz, tell us what is going on here!

0 Likes
adrifut08

I also would like for verizon to have the HTC ONE phone available. I am very disappointing when they don't carry the latest and hotest phones like this one. I have been a costumer for about 5years now and i am considering about switching carriers. it really should be our choice what phone we want to get and not having to decided to be switching carriers b/c of that ( i do love Verizon i have never had issues with connection, so i don't want to think about switching carriers for a phone). the same thing happen with the Iphone when it first came out, verizon didn't carry it at first.

0 Likes
schaeffa

Bring us the HTC ONE please.

I purchased the S3 last fall and have been disappointed ever since. It has nice features but it was not a phone that had that WOW factor and the only reason I bought it was because there was no other phone at the time that really appealed to me. I dont want an Iphone and my old INC was finally on the way out so I was forced to get the S3. I have never been happy with the S3.

I have been a customer of Vzw for 12+ years and have never really thought about moving to another carrier till now.

I want the HTC ONE!

I don't want an altered or renamed ONE. If Verizon doesn't announce the HTC ONE soon then I'm going to cancel and sell the S3 to offset the cost of early termination. Dont mean to sound harsh but I'm just not happy with the S3 and the last phone I want is another Samsung S4. I want a premium phone feel and design. While the new S4 has new features I don't really use them. I find the HTC ONE features more usable and suitable to my desires.

0 Likes