Has anyone had problems receiving discount for valid employment?
lovesmyjob
Enthusiast - Level 1

After receiving letter from Verizon stating I needed to send recent payroll documentation to continue discount, I spoke with representative and discovered my current 20% discount through my Texas school district was invalid because I have recently retired.  I asked about a discount from my current employment with an HCA facility and was told to send a copy of my payroll check and the necessary forms to find out the availability of a discount. I work at a HCA facility that gives a 22% discount.  Received a letter from Verizon stating that my employment has be validated and I will be receiving a discount. I called to verify the amount and was told it was 8%.  I explained I did the research and it should be 22% and was told that the documentation indicated a facility 300 miles from where I worked.  Explained this was not possible.  Obviously the data was erroneously documented from the "Escalation Team".  After speaking with several departments and personnel, I could not get this resolved over the phone.  In my frustration, I went to the Verizon store and explained my problem, they were very gracious and changed it immediately in the computer system.  Took about 2 minutes to do this whereas I could not resolve it over the phone over 2 days.  I would like to speak to someone "in charge" to whom I may find out how this mistake happened.  No one seems to be able to give me this information. Just concerned that someone else may be getting the wrong discount due to Verizon's error.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone had problems receiving discount for valid employment?
Not applicable

You need to call the employment validation center at 1-800-890-9007 let them know what happen they need to escalate your submission for review so they can fix your discount it takes 7-10 business days to complete process after they will contact you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lovesmyjob,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you were having trouble with getting your employement discount validated. With any employee discount, different sectors having different discounts amount. Also different locations can have different amounts, depending on the negotiated amount contracted. This is most easily avoided by validating employement online at vzw.com/discounts. Here you can either validate using a work email or have forms faxed in. This would be the best route to ensure your discount is added correctly. There is no specific team to speak with to verify others discounts, but since we are having everyone validate their employement again everything will be reviewed at that time. Let us know if we can be of anymore assistance.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lovesmyjob
Enthusiast - Level 1

You need to read my complaint again. How you answered made no sense. I did exactly what I was suppose to do and someone entered the wrong discount. Really would like to speak to supervisor

Sent from my iPhone

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

lovesmyjob wrote:

You need to read my complaint again.  How you answered made no sense.  I did exactly what I was suppose to do and someone entered the wrong discount.  Really would like to speak to supervisor

Sent from my iPhone

Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 to speak with one of supervisors.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lrohde

I have been having the same problem with no help after 5 weeks. I validated my employement with work email and Verizon changed my employment to say I worked for the state, which I don't and never have.  i called and the supervisor said he could fix it, which he didn't. I was then told to fax pay stub which i took to verizon store, that was lost at validation center because it had the tracking number from email, which is what they told me to put on it, the next validator said no I had to have a new tracking number by filling out a form and uploading stub.  waiting to see what happens now.  Amazing Verizon verified my employment for a place I don't work for! 

0 Likes
Not applicable

You need to call the employment validation center at 1-800-890-9007 let them know what happen they need to escalate your submission for review so they can fix your discount it takes 7-10 business days to complete process after they will contact you

0 Likes
Mabenson88
  • I have been having the same issue. I have a screenshot showing my info was validated on 12/3/2023. And still to this day 3/19/2024. Yes 12/3/2023 to 3/19/2024 I can not get anyone to figure out why I am not getting my discount. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
0 Likes