Have you been contacted about an $80 credit? It's a scam.
junedunne
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter alerted me to a call she received from Verizon telling her that we had an $80 credit and just to log in to receive it.

Today, I just received a phone call (robo-call from phone number 800-922-1212) claiming that it was from Verizon and because I was such a good customer I could save $80 on my next bill by logging onto www.Verizon80.com.  When I tried to call back the number it was not in service.  When I looked on the official VerizonWireless.com website there was no warning but also no such program.

I typed in the URL that they had given on the message and Chrome warned me that it was a Phishing website.  Just trying to trick people into giving away their account information.  I wanted to warn others.  This is a Scam!

Others reported on http://whocallsme.com/

"I went to that address, and it looks very ligit -- a big Present with a place to put your phone number/password/last 4 of SS# and make it ligit looking by making you put in a phishing code. PLEASE, DO NOT TO THIS -- IT IS A SCAM!! I called Verizon to verify its legitimacy and confirmed it IS a new SCAM."

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Have you been contacted about an $80 credit? It's a scam.
MRII
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed. I just received a call as well saying the exact same thing, except this on told me to go to www.verizon36.com

Came from the Verizon customer service number just like yours. What got me thinking for a moment that it *might* be real, is because I am currently using the prepaid services, but my phone is currently off and the fact that I still received the phone call is what go me thinking.

But yes, another scam. Thanks for the share.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Have you been contacted about an $80 credit? It's a scam.
MRII
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed. I just received a call as well saying the exact same thing, except this on told me to go to www.verizon36.com

Came from the Verizon customer service number just like yours. What got me thinking for a moment that it *might* be real, is because I am currently using the prepaid services, but my phone is currently off and the fact that I still received the phone call is what go me thinking.

But yes, another scam. Thanks for the share.

0 Likes