Help! Receiving Unsolicited Text Msgs from Verizon Store Employee
TRAJEN99

This morning, I received two text messages from a Verizon store manager named "Richard" at the Glendale Galleria in Glendale, California. The text messages were telling me to come into the store to enroll for Total Mobile Protection. Mind you, my account is marked not to receive solicitation emails or text messages, but for some reason I'm still receiving them...a lot of them. But in this instance, receiving text messages from some random Verizon employee at the mall was the final straw.

I called Customer Service and ask why I am receiving text messages directly from Verizon employees about promotions. Customer Service has no answer and transfers me to a supervisor by the name of McKenzie. McKenzie calls the store directly and gets "Richard" on the line, so now I'm on the line with two supervisors/managers, one from customer support, the other the store manager.

Richard claims to have no knowledge of sending the text messages, but says the company does in fact send messages on his behalf. I question this practice, stating that he should be extremely concerned if his employer is sending messages to users on his behalf without his knowledge/consent. And then, mysteriously, I'm hung up on. I get no call back from Richard, nor McKenzie.

Frustrated, I call back again and speak to someone else. I spend two hours on the phone with this individual, whom tells me that the text messages are being sent from the Manager's personal device, not on Verizon's behalf. So now I'm really heated because I was flat out lied to by the store manager. The messages were in fact coming from him, not Verizon.

I then speak to the Fraud department which is of no help. They tell me that's not the type of fraud they investigate and wipe their hands of the issue.

My question for the community, am I the only person that sees there being a problem with random store employees sending text messages to users, especially those who requested not to receive solicitation? This seems like a security breach.

Apparently, my wife buying something in the store over six months ago constitutes receiving these messages, at least that's what one customer service rep told me. This is unreal. I'm a small business owner and if one of my employees decided to contact my clients (or in this case SPAM) without my consent, they'd be terminated. No question.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help! Receiving Unsolicited Text Msgs from Verizon Store Employee
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the kind of experience we want you to go through, TRAJEN99. I never want you to be bothered and I want to put a stop to this. I will be sending you a private message.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I do not blame you at all for getting upset over this. I know that I would feel the same way. Is there a way to block these txt message from the app? I know you should not have to take this step but if Verizon can not help you this maybe your only option. Which message app are you using?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I couldn't care less about text messages from Verizon or a Verizon employee.

I do care about unsolicited text messages from scammers.

0 Likes
MSPURGE4
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same thing happen to me. I received two unsolicited text messages from Verizon about adding a new line within about two hours. The text message was from a "Patricia" from my local Verizon store. This was obviously a sales push to customers and you're not alone. Verizon should know better than to spam its customers with text messages.