Help getting off plan
jhb1

My girl and her husband gave me a virizon lg because they got newer ones and they put me on there plan and making the payments and i would like to know how i can get off this without call the company up because then they will know i had it turned off and a big fuss will break out. Any help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help getting off plan
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

jhb1 wrote:

My girl and her husband gave me a virizon lg because they got newer ones and they put me on there plan and making the payments and i would like to know how i can get off this without call the company up because then they will know i had it turned off and a big fuss will break out. Any help?

There is no way to turn off your Verizon service without calling Verizon, and if you are not the account owner, or an authorized person, you can't make changes to the account anyway without the owner's permission.

If they signed you up with a contract and you have not finished it yet, there will also be an ETF (early termination fee) assessed when you cancel the account.

Are you trying to cancel the line entirely?  Or just take over responsibility for it?  You can move the line to your own individual plan that you own and are responsible for, this will not impact your contract end date, and it's called an assumption of liability.

Regardless of what you do, it will require contacting Verizon, and working with the account owner.

0 Likes
Re: Help getting off plan
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Regardless, if you terminate the line, they will know as they are the account holders.  If they gave you one of their previous phones, then there likely is no ETF (Early Termination Fee) since they provided the equipment for the additional line.  If they are paying the bill, then what's the problem?  If they want you to make the payments and you don't want to, then don't.  The bill is in their name, so they are responsible for the charges.

You can simply turn the phone off and not use it....but that seems a waste.  If they simply want you to have it for emergencies and to keep in contact, it seems like a good idea to me.  Just keep it handy, charged up, and turn it off when you don't want to be bothered.  Unless I'm missing part of the picture?

0 Likes