Help please
Dgordon32

Verizon is trying to make me pay for two devices of my family members that past away due to a terrible car accident . I have8 lines are with Verizon . I even went into a branch to show the death certificate. This was something that was out of my control does anyone know anything I can do ?

0 Likes
Re: Help please
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

How did they even know about you? Family plan, lines added to your account. Is it pay for the phone cost, or the monthly phone service.

My Verizon website has many option. So think about this as you would any other situation. Was there a contract, with who, and what are the reasons for voiding the contract.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Are you the owner of the account? When you say "pay for 2 devices", does that mean the devices were purchased on a monthly payment plan? IF you are the account owner, YOU are financially responsible for all lines on the account, which would include any outstanding device payments. As to the lines, you could simply cancel the lines but the full outstanding balance left on purchased devices would immediately become due.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dgordon32, we offer our sincere condolences. This is definitely not the type of experience we want for you. We'd like to access your account to better assist you. We sent you a private message to get started. 

ChristianP_VZW