High Data Usage
DAN_GROSTICK

I have 6Gb plan and each month I have been going over it and getting a outage charge.  Verizon says that even with cellular off for certain apps, downloading video from an app will still use cellular. Is anyone else getting high data usage?

iPhone 11

0 Likes
Re: High Data Usage
Deni_i
Enthusiast - Level 1

rarely use my phone and all of a sudden I'm having data overages when previously I never even used the data I had... very frustrating. 

Danohboca
Enthusiast - Level 1

The support line said a lot of people are complaining about it.  My phone is on wi-Fiona constantly. 

0 Likes
Danohboca
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danohboca Understanding what is using up your data is extremely important. Have you had the chance to view the usage online (My Verizon) or using the Verizon Mobile App? This will give you a better understanding of when and how data is being used.

0 Likes
epd-rld

We have the same issue.

We share an old 8gb plan and have never gone over...until that plan went away. Last few months we've had random large data usage while we are at home on wifi with cellular turned off. And now they want us to pay like 40$ more per month for the absolute lowest plan they offer. Same thing happened years ago when we were basically forced onto the 8gb plan from an extinct shared 6gb plan. Had a few weird overage months then too.

Now I know correlation does not equal causation. I'm not accusing them of unethical business practices. The main issue is we just  simply can't afford to stay with Verizon. They don't offer a reasonable plan for low data users anymore.

0 Likes