Re: Hold times are unreasonably long and inexcuseable
8krungirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

RP100, Sorry to hear about your negative experience.  Please excuse the snarky and patronizing responses to your message.  You are NOT alone!  Verizon is not giving any free handouts and the last time I checked the cheapest phone plan is NOT cheap.  We pay for a service and they still bill us (for you TWENTY YEARS), so ignore the noise.  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@HateVerizon6655 wrote:

Combined over two attempts, 2 hours of wait time to cancel a line and I still have yet to get someone who can help. If Verizon requires you to call to cancel your service and you can never actually reach them via phone I suspect there is significant liability.

Every carrier has these complaints.

Every carrier requires you call to cancel a phone line.  
Porting your numbers out to a new carrier cancels the line and service.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you get the service that you pay for, 8krungirl. What specific Verizon Wireless service issues are you experiencing? We will all of an opportunity to help you.

AntonioC_VZW

8krungirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi AnthonyC,

Thank you for your response.  I contacted Verizon on three separate occasions regarding my employee discount that will end if I don't re-validate via email or paystub.  I can't do it by email, but my other proof of eligibility were rejected. The reps I spoke with said there's nothing they can do.  I've settled for the 8% loyalty discount, which is approximately half of what I was receiving.  I would have been satisfied if Verizon had allowed an extension of the validation during this pandemic.  In any case, I'm done fighting this battle.  I will just pay the extra money until I am eligible to cancel next spring.  I appreciate you taking time to reach out.  Be safe.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer on a budget, and I sincerely understand your cost concerns,8krungirl. I know how important it is to get the discount that you deserve. While we do not have any way to validate your discount via Social Media, our Discount Eligibility Validation Team can definitely take a look at your concerns and explore options to assist you further. I am not sure that you contacted them directly. Please call 800-890-8007 (they do not have a Social Media team) to contact our Discount Eligibility Validation Team, or visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless-employmentvalidation.com/contactus/) to live chat with them as only they have the tools and resources to assist you further. 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
ugh20200
Enthusiast - Level 1

how do you cancel if you cant get through

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ugh20200, we know how inconvenient long hold times can be, and we'd love to address your concerns over this medium. Please send us a DM to better assist.

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
Wadeburnhauser

I waited 4 hours in store for a phone upgrade and missed work because I couldn’t leave with a non working phone. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Wadeburnhauser wrote:

I waited 4 hours in store for a phone upgrade and missed work because I couldn’t leave with a non working phone. 

In the midst of the release of the new iPhones, unheard of.   (Sarcasm)

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes