Holding my order
Jhamlin1230

I placed an order for two phones. One was the iphone 14 which we knew was backordered until November 18th. The other phone was an s22 ultra which said it would arrive by November 1st. I just chatted to see why there’s no longer a shipping date by the galaxy and was informed that because the iphone is backordered, the galaxy has to wait to go out with it on the 18th!! They said they can NOT make it two separate shipments! The most absurd thing I have ever heard of! Could you imagine if amazon started holding entire orders everytime ONE item was out of stock?! They told me my only option would be to cancel the order and place two separate orders. I paid down payments of $400! And they want me to pay that again right now and then wait for the first $400 to be refunded, which processes on their end for 7 days. In what universe is it okay to show an arrival date at the time of ordering and then add three weeks to it for noooo reason?! My question is, where in the order process would your customers know that they should place two separate orders in this instance? The very last screen before my credit card literally said “back ordered Nov 18th” under the iphone and “nov 1st” under the galaxy… so someone PLEASE tell me where on the website or in the order process would a customer know that this means the whole order will be held until November 18th, in order for the customer to make an informed decision at the time the order is placed? And what is the reason that you can not send two shipments under one order even with the customer offering to pay for the extra shipment? Mind you, even if I split it up into two separate orders, both would come with free two day shipping anyway so what is the problem here?

0 Likes
Re: Holding my order
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to assist you with your concern. Please private message us for further assistance.     *Mabell

0 Likes
Jhamlin1230

I have been chatting with verizon all night and have been told there is nothing that can be done, that they can not ship out orders in multiple shipments. I want my questions above answered regarding how your customers are warned or informed BEFORE placing an order that you will hold the entire order for WEEKS when one item is out of stock. This is completely unethical and I question the legality of you being in the habit of giving one arrival date and then adding weeks to it after the order is placed for no real purpose. The phone is not out of stock. You are withholding an item that I paid for, for no logical reason. Please, feel free to handle this publicly so everyone can see how this is ends. 

0 Likes
Jhamlin1230

To update: the solution after they told me to private message them was the exact same. After spending yet another few hours tied up in the private messaging, I was again told, “this is just the way we do it”. I asked WHERE in the order process I would have known this BEFORE placing the order, when one phone shows arrival of November 1st and one shows back order until November 18th, where is the message, warning or hint that would have told me that I should break it up into two orders because the in stock phone will be held as well…. They admitted that there is no process in place to warn the customers of this “its just how it goes”. The absolute only options given to me were to cancel that order and wait 7 business days, not including weekends, for my $430 back and then start the process all over again in two separate orders OR just go ahead and pay the $430 again to get it done faster and have $860 tied up until the first $430 gets refunded in 7 business days. Completely, utterly, unacceptable. Next stop, better business bureau. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, when an item is outstock the payment you made does not process until the phone ships. You cancel this anytime to have that hold lifted. Make sense?

*Heather

0 Likes