Re: Home Fusion-LTE Internet Installed is a hotspot on Unlimited!!
DDJ712
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone looked at AT&T's unlimited plan to replace Homefusion/LTE Installed? I think they have an internet device that could be used and from what I can tell, they have deprioritization but no throttling. Navigating their site is a challenge though.

0 Likes
mborozny
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had difficulty navigating AT&T's site as well. I visited T-Mobile today; their home device allows up to 22GB before speed reduction according to the rep.

Finally my speed is up around .6 Mbps; marginal for this Google Drive user and web designer.

I'm frustrated that Verizon only revealed the real deal long after the 14-day cancellation window

DDJ712
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything I can find on the website and various forums seems to indicate you can use AT&T's unlimited plan with the Wireless Home Phone & Internet device and the speed isn't "choked," as my 13yo kid described it. Not counting the device, the monthly fee was $95 for the line and the plan. I need to sit down via chat to clarify and get everything in writing but I'm seriously considering this option. I just saw where they're rolling out a fixed wireless system (sounds like cantenna) in rural markets (started in GA) with a data cap of 160GB and a low cost. I'm in AL so that might be available by the EOY.

JRRinNC
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just received and connected my Unlimitedville modem today.  I went with their "Pink" plan for $149.  So, it will be a little more than I was paying before on Verizon's 60GB plan, but wow.... never had speeds like this on Verizon.  Averaging 20MBS to 22MBS down and 10-15 up.  I even tested it with several 4K UHD Youtube streams this evening with absolutely NO delays!  I was NEVER able to download a 4K stream off Verizon, plus the Unlimitedville plans are supposedly completely and absolutely unlimited with no caps or slowdowns.  Keep in mind I've only had it a day, but all indications are that this is definitely my answer to Verizon's screw up on their unlimited (but wish I had done it well BEFORE that due to the fantastic speeds!)  Something to consider for the rest of you with the issue.  I'll keep my Verizon unlimited plans for my wife and my cell phones (at least for now) but looks like the HomeFusion will stay disconnected and I'll take it off my contract as soon as possible. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly value your satisfaction and only want the best for you, tboz. Please tell me more about the speeds you are seeing consistently. How much data do you typically use on the device?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly value your loyalty and do not want to see you go. Let's make sure you do have the right options for your needs. I have sent a Direct Message so that we can work to help you stay.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mborozny
Enthusiast - Level 3

JRRinNC, which of the 2 devices did you choose under Unlimitedville's Pink Plan?

0 Likes
JRRinNC
Enthusiast - Level 3

I chose the Mofi Sim4 Router.  They charge a bit more for it up front, but it has a much better antenna system and allows for an external antenna if needed (something I thought I'd probably need, but turns out I'm getting a great signal indoors without it).  It also has a hard wire ethernet port.  The other one is basically a mobile hotspot that hasn't been rated well for signal strength, etc., in various reviews on the web.  I've been using this for a couple days now with continued incredible results. 

0 Likes
ELISTE3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in sort of the same situation and ticked off too.  I tested the hotspot for a month to see what the throttled speeds were like and was pleased that it dropped to about 2-3 MB/s which was better than the throttled satellite internet speed from Hughes net.  So I cancelled Hughes and now in the second month, and too late to return/cancel throttled 3g speeds are .1-.3  WORSE than Hughes.  I seriously wonder if the month one throttling was intentionally high to get past the 30 day return/cancellation window.

mborozny
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, JRRinNC. I am looking at this plan and one of the better plans in 4GCommunity. I'm not sure our Sprint reception is good in our pocket in the woods, though, which makes me lean more toward Unlimitedville with its T-Mobile connectivity.

0 Likes