Re: Home Fusion-LTE Internet Installed is a hotspot on Unlimited!!
mborozny
Enthusiast - Level 3

ELISTE3, I think Verizon's speeds after 10GB were either intentionally high, or they were testing real use before they enforced throttling. Our lowest speeds were about 2.5 Mbps, too.

SHAMAT97
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been done the same way and I was specifically told it would not be considered a mobile hotspot. I have been on the phone with them for over three hours so far and they are not willing to right their wrong at all. How can this be considered mobile when it's bolted to my house. The first two months I had no problem with about 150gb each month now I have a paper weight because it's only getting .01Mbps instead of the 25-30Mbps it was getting. The first customer service rep I talked to after 45 minutes of talking told me he seen in my account where they change the category of the LTE Installed Device  from what it was for a year now to a mobile hotspot the first day of my billing cycle this month. I have told them if this problem is not corrected by 9am CST Monday mornin I'm going to start contacting all my local news outlets to run a story on it. Let's all see if we can't get the lies Verizon has told us on the national news!!!!

MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went with the same router from Unlimitedville and had very high hopes. My speeds however are worse than Verizons throttled speeds, so unless there is a way to hook the router to my cantenae, I may be sending it back.

0 Likes
JRRinNC
Enthusiast - Level 3

MRAKRAK6530, that's too bad.  Were you trying the pink (tied to T-Mobile) plan or one of the others?   Looks like their "red" plan is Verizon's network -- quite a bit more expensive, but they are guaranteeing unlimited.  The Mofi router seems to pull in a great signal, so it seems if you were to go the red plan route, you should be able to get at least close to the cantenae signal.  You can also connect an external antenna to the Mofi router -- say I wonder if you got the red plan if it would work to connect the cantenna to it?  I read that wouldn't work for the other "color" of plans. 

0 Likes
VIRFOR14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your story sounds very similar to ours.  We live in a rural area and have been Verizon HomeFusion (LTE Internet and Phone) customers for a number of years.  We are currently on our second Cantenna.  We also recently switched to the Unlimited Data plan. We were previously paying for 50 GB of data so we were very excited when Verizon offered unlimited data at a lower cost.   We expected an occasional slowdown in speed during peak usage periods once we reached 22 GB, but we never expected to see speeds of .14 and .008 (speedtest.net).  Tonight I could not get any webpage to open so I decided to investigate a little to see if anyone else was having the same issue.

We have noticed fluctuations in speed during the day/month, but we were not aware that after 10G on the Unlimited plan we were being switched over to 3G and that our HomeFusion unit was being used as a mobile Hotspot.  How did you become aware of this?  Has Verizon offered any solution?

DDJ712
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the reply but I think what I and the others need is for Verizon to honor the unlimited plan we signed up for without throttling our LTE Installed/HomeFusion. The reduction in speed after 10gb has rendered the cantenna essentially useless. No websites will load. I noticed when I opened the Verizon app on my phone that my jetpack line shows a disclosure for the 10gb limitation but my cantenna line does not, yet it's throttled.

DDJ712
Enthusiast - Level 2

I, for one, am feeling swindled. I first realized what was happening when they sent a text warning me we were close to the 10GB and we'd have reduction of speed to 3G. That didn't take long with a teenager in the house, so then wham!...home internet stalled out.  Verizon hasn't offered a solution that I'm aware of. I've looked into AT&T's similar offering but haven't jumped ship just yet: I'm hoping Verizon will remedy this as we've been loyal customers for awhile.

SHAMAT97
Enthusiast - Level 2

One of their customer service reps actually told me it was changed April 13th to function as a mobile hotspot in my account. I have sent emails to the CEO and top executives about this problem after speaking to 10 different customer service reps that cou do anything to fix it. Their executive relations office has called me several times and is supposed working on it but they are just giving me the run around. I suggest everyone having this problem with Verizon's bait and switch tactics to file a complaint with the FCC.

ROBWAT39
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issues and with my connection too. I have contacted Technical Support and they have escalated my ticket for further investigation. I called them this morning for an update and i was informed that I am not the only one experiencing this issue with the Cantenna and that they have had numerous people call in.

I am getting around 100 kbps until I reset the router and then I will get between 500 and 600 kbps for a little while and then it will drop to the 100 kbps average, sometimes even less than that.

Supposedly it's a network issue with the Cantenna (I am guessing they cannot reliably connect to 3G). 100 kbps is more like 2G and that is not acceptable, especially if Verizon says we are supposed to get 3G which is at least 600 kbps.

If this continues, then Verizon is going to have some real problems on their hands. I have had issues with their decision to cap us a 10 GB at 4G speeds from the moment they announced the Unlimited Plan. When I switched I was told the line was going to be considered the same as a cell phone with 22 GB and then prioritization after that. I was involved in a very deep discussion about this in another thread on this forum.

I am pretty upset with all of this and if Verizon doesn't fix it, I am considering contacting an attorney to begin a class action lawsuit.

What they need to go is consider this like a cell phone line, not a hotspot.

Oh, and I don't want to hear from any Verizon rep or someone who loves to support Verizon's stance on this, because until Verizon fixes this, anything you have to say in support of Verizon is absolutely meaningless. What I want to see is a solution that gives us the service we are paying for. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

ROBWAT39
Enthusiast - Level 3

You don't seem to be getting our point. WE ARE NOT GETTING 3G SPEEDS!!!! We should be getting at least 600 kbps. When you are getting speeds as low as 100 kbps or less, web pages time out and will not load. What good is that????

If you are paying for internet service, you expect to be able to connect to the internet reliably. If you cannot get the service you are paying for, then Verizon is just taking our money. I would love to find out what the FCC thinks about this.

I think you need to just stay out of this conversation. You are not helping in any way and in fact you are just adding to our frustration.