Re: Home Fusion-LTE Internet Installed is a hotspot on Unlimited!!
ROBWAT39
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am totally on your side with this. I am very unhappy with this and Verizon needs to fix it.

Class action lawsuit comes to my mind if they don't.

rcschnoor
Legend

ROBWAT39 wrote:

I am totally on your side with this. I am very unhappy with this and Verizon needs to fix it.

Class action lawsuit comes to my mind if they don't.

Lawsuit may come to mind. Class Action, not so much...

Why you can't sue your wireless carrier in a class action - CNET

0 Likes
ROBWAT39
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's unfortunate.

Bad media coverage could possibly help. Might be worth sending an email to my local Fox news affiliate (Fox 5 iTeam)

rcschnoor
Legend

There is nothing keeping you from filing your own lawsuit. I would imagine the most you could hope for is to be put back on your old plan.

0 Likes
MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel the frustration with you and many others. You may notice many VW representative responses here, and they all start out with "Your relationship with Verizon Wireless is important to us"....the problem is, that our relationship is not important to them. If it was they would have offered some solution, either here or sitewide...which hasn't and isn't going to happen.

Our ONLY recourse is to leave Verizon, and pursue Unlimitedville, 4GAS Internet and similar type companies until we find what works for us.

Verizon is so big they do believe that they don't need us, and they know that they are so big that resources to fight any lawsuit is a drop in the bucket. We were lied to, "bait and switched", and certainly not given "unlimited done right"....and in the Verizon could care less.

SHAMAT97
Enthusiast - Level 2

I urge everyone who is having problems with Verizon's Bait and Switch tactics used with this new plan to file complaints with the FCC and FTC. The only way regular consumers like all of us can fight a company who thinks they are to large to be touched is to join together and fight as a group. Also if you plan to sue Verizon a lot of times you will have to already have filed a complaint with FCC and FTC or court will throw case out.

dianeln
Enthusiast - Level 1

We switched to the Verizon unlimited plan after being told our LTE Internet Home Fusion, attached to a non-mobile cantenna, would not be slowed as it is not a mobile hotspot. Nowhere on the Verizon website is it listed as a mobile hotspot. We are paying for it as a separate line.

First conversation with rep.

We have discussed your change to the unlimited plan which includes an LTE Internet device connected to cantenna. Your device has unlimited access to your new plan. Your device will access to at least 22Gb of 4G LTE speeds and may throttle down after that depending priority of usage.

Second conversation with rep. after text warning of slowing to 3G after 10GB.

The text message is a notification that the line 7098 is close to being switched to the 3G speeds after the allowance. It should be 22GB NOT 10GB per line. (per rep. Taylor)

I feel totally deceived. Our internet is practically unusable. As for streaming unlimited data, what a joke!

dshellhause
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to look into this. It might actually be cheaper too since, since "team yellow" coverage is good in my area.

0 Likes
DanF39
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sad to see that I am not alone with my Home Fusion. Ditto to the sudden limit being imposed after two months of none. I notice on my change of plans summary no mention that the device is now considered a mobile hot spot. I did read all the fine print before changing plans. If the restriction imposed was explained at all, I would not have changed plans. 40G is far better than 10G. Unlimited [Removed] I am NOT getting 3G speeds either. It took me 37 minutes waiting for the verizon wireless web page to load.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

EDIT: So I posted to the wrong thread thinking it was empty. Oh my! 😮

Anyhow. Even with the presence of an unlimited data plan, Verizon doesn't provide unlimited hotspot, or for that matter, unlimited HomeFusion. Which is a bit unfortunate for those without real Internet options. Maybe the rollout of the 5G network in the next couple of years will change that.

For those without a choice, I believe Verizon and also AT&T sell Rural or "RV" data packages. They are intended for those who cannot get Fixed line broadband access, and are in areas where the towers are not really congested. These have to be asked for. It's possible a Verizon rep may help if they are familiar with the billing codes. These packages can range up to 250GB a month, possibly larger, and cost less than the normal retail rates.

0 Likes