Re: Home Fusion-LTE Internet Installed is a hotspot on Unlimited!!
mborozny
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tested 4GCommunity.org's premium unlimited plan with hotspot ZTE MF975S.  It gets reasonably good speeds (15 Mbps download per my tests), but just not at my home location.  If you have a decent signal at your home or own an independent signal booster, this might be a viable backup option for home internet.

0 Likes
mborozny
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, DONDAN4219.  It's interesting all the pieces of this cantenna service story that Verizon has not fully disclosed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're certainly not ready to see you leave the Verizon family, 

mborozny. I have sent you a private message so I can further assist with your account. I look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a reliable service is important for me as well, JEFRAN13. With regards to your question the home fusion service is compatible with 3G service. However, you may experience slower speeds depending on the area.

JasperM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dianeln
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did 3 speed tests in the exact same location on my throttled to 3G LTE internet installed to cantenna and 3 more speed tests on my i-pad set to 3G.

The results:

LTE internet     Download: .14, .11, .14

Upload:      .10, .11, .11

I-pad               Download:  .66, .69, .69

Upload:       .38, .26, .36

Verizon how do you explain this and why can't you understand all of us who are telling you our home fusion is NOT getting 3G speeds and is practically useless. It took me 15 minutes to get to this page.

BERNSAT
Enthusiast - Level 2

they cap it to 10GB. and throttle to .5mbps. I am looking at breaking contract so i can go back to T-Mobile. Cheaper and consistent, They so happen not having the router device I need. And no contract. I make a BIG mistake switching. My sprint even beat the Verizon, sad.

DonJohns49
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been a continuous Verizon 3-line smartphone customer for 20 years now and added LTE Home Fusion for the last 4+ years after retirement and moving to a rural community. I have no other alternatives to home internet except satellite. Actually satellite is looking better now after switching to Verizon Unlimited - until it's not - Plan. I switched my then max 30GB limited plan, which worked fine for 4 years except for the arcane 1GB per day limit, to the Unlimited - until it's not - Plan on the very first day it was offered. I even found the small print that exposed the prioritization gimmick at 22GB but NOWHERE did it say anything about a 10GB speed throttling limit. For the first 2 months, even being prioritized for the last 6-12 days of the cycle, worked for me and speeds would slow from 12-20 Mb/s to 3-5 Mb/s but everything worked and life was good. About 10 days into the 3rd cycle of my new Unlimited - until it's not - Plan, I get an email notice that I've reached my 10 GB limit and I will be limited....WHAT? I have a Verizon Unlimited Plan. Now, nothing from the browser is working, email is working slowly. My speed is .090 Mb/s. It took me the next 30 minutes to get to a second tier support person who discloses that this is a new 10 Mb/s throttle policy. He also discovers that my Home Fusion has the wrong severe throttle setting. After 24-hours I get a notice to reboot cantenna and retest speed. Now I get .4-.5 Mb/s (yes, 450-500 Kb/s) and is what I have been living with for the last 20 days. Critical bill paying DOES NOT work due to timeouts and most sites just continue to spin waiting for data. This is not a home internet service anymore and I have lost patience waiting for Verizon to do the right thing. 4+ years ago I bought Verizon LTE Home Fusion, touted to be the best and fastest wireless home internet service. What Verizon Unlimited - until it's not - Plan has done is to reduce it to a useless piece of junk! I guess I need to be spending the next 10 days while I'm not throttled looking for my new Satellite provider.

MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

DonJohns49, Sounds like you are in the same boat as the rest of us. I too have been with Verizon for over 20 years...but that didn't stop them from "bait & switching" me to throttled speeds after 10G. Even though the Verizon Rep's on here comment about how they want us to be satisfied, don't want us to cancel etc, there really is nothing that they can or will do to help....they really don't care. I would suggest doing what I have done: Cancel the Verizon LTE cantennae (since as you know it is useless at less than .5mbps) Research and contact a company like Unlimitedville or 4GAS Antennas. I personally went with Unlimitedville, and now have real unlimited cellular internet. The plan I am on is $99 per month for real unlimited and no throttling, and the speeds are better than what I was getting on Verizon. I am in a rural/marginal coverage area, but am still getting between 2-5mbps download....not great, but VERY usuable. This weekend I am also going to hook up their modem to the external antennae that they have recommended, where their thinking is that I should easily double the speeds...I'll keep you posted.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DonJohns49-

Say it's not so, we don't want to say goodbye. We are grateful for the 20 years you have been with Verizon and understand your concern. I send you a private message to your community inbox so we can do everything we can to keep you in the Verizon family. Please respond there so we can provide more personalized support. 

AmberK_VZW

0 Likes
DanF39
Enthusiast - Level 1

Interesting. Talked with tech support three times now. Twice they were going to call me back. Still waiting for them to call????

My internet is virtually unusable. I had 3g years ago, and this is NOT.

First I heard of this unlimitedville. Going to check it out. At Starbucks of course, they have good internet connection.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10