Re: Home Fusion-LTE Internet Installed is a hotspot on Unlimited!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JRRinNC, thank you for the many years of being our customer. We want to be about solutions to the speeds you're getting once you've reached the 10GB of use. From reading the thread, I can see we can do better by those using the Home Fusion device on the unlimited plan. I've sent a private message to your community inbox. It troubles me that we have made you consider cancelling cell phones in addition to the Home Fusion service and I'd like the chance to work with you to prevent that from happening.

DAVLOV44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m not JRRinNC, I’m DAVLOV44.

I’ve already switched my two cell phones over to T-Mobile, I have internet service through Unlimitedville (T-Mobile), and I have hooked up Ooma Telo with two Linx devices. Just waiting for the two Home Phone Connect numbers to port to Ooma. So, it’s all a done deal. Five lines of service and equipment will leave Verizon.

Verizon has had ample opportunity to fix the problem for all Home Fusion customers. It’s a very simple matter of not treating Home Fusion as a tethering service. As you can read in the Forum, most would be content with what they thought they were getting on the “unlimited” plan, a reprioritization above 22GB. Nobody knew that they would be throttled to (in my case) 1% of original speed after 10GB. It is patently absurd for Verizon Management/Executives to think that we would be paying exorbitant rates for, say, 40GB a month (or 50 or 60) on our previous plans and then be satisfied with only 10GB at high speed with the remainder of a billing month at something approaching dialup speeds.

What we thought was going to happen is that we would get full speed until reaching 22GB, and then we would have a lower priority (as the notice said, “other Verizon customers will have priority”) during times of congestion. So, frankly, I expected to drop from near 50mbps to perhaps under 5mbps during periods of high data usage across the Verizon network. I could have lived with that. After all, we Home Fusion users are not in metropolitan areas where commuters clog the network, although we also recognize that the number of towers and the bandwidth available are also sparse where we live.

Now, what happened with speeds (and, no, I did not get any e-mail or text warning about approaching a 10GB limit) is after one week of my billing cycle, a month after changing to “unlimited”, there appeared to be a malfunction since web pages wouldn’t load (by the way, I reached that limit quickly because, when I went to “unlimited” I allowed my computers to download and install Microsoft updates that I had carefully managed previously). I called Verizon Wireless, of course, and was told they knew exactly what the problem was. I was astounded. After all, if Home Fusion is your only home internet connection, and it’s limited to 10GB a month, how can I keep my computers current with updates that are 5GB apiece? And those updates simply will not download at 100kbps speeds. Their servers stop sending data because they think the connection is broken.

I asked to be put back on my 40GB plan at the price I was paying. The rep put me on hold to consult with “management.” He said she “shrugged” and said there was nothing that could be done until the end of my billing month. I said that it was a lie. Technically, I’m absolutely certain that you can control everything on your network. If engineers and technicians at Verizon cannot, then they need to be replaced with competent people. So, it’s a policy issue, not a technical issue. It appears that either your Executives are incompetent or they intentionally want to drive all Home Fusion customers away because no Home Fusion user will tolerate the “unlimited” plan, and we can’t handle being throttled for three weeks until our billing cycle allows a change in our plans.

So, since Verizon claims they can do nothing, my only recourse is to do something. And here’s the thing about customers (since your “executives” don’t understand)—if you make a customer mad, you can’t afford (as a business expense) to undo that wrong (or perceived wrong) to keep them. You see, most of us will pay more elsewhere once we no longer trust you. It’s very clear that you don’t have our interests at heart (we don’t expect you not to have your own interests, but, if you don’t consider your customers, you’ll lose customers). There is absolutely nothing Verizon can do that would woo me back. And, as I said to the rep on the phone, “You don’t know me, but I hold a grudge and I never bluff. I will never purchase a Verizon service or product for the rest of my life.” Others might feel differently, however, Verizon would demonstrate what lousy business managers they are if they offer disgruntled customers enough to bring them back because that price goes up astronomically once they’ve found another solution. The time to keep them is when they initially complain. It would have been very easy to keep me by simply changing me back to my old plan at my old price immediately (or very quickly). Now, you’ve permanently lost a loyal customer that paid you over $300 a month.

Additionally, I will tell anyone and everyone my experience. I will badmouth Verizon at every opportunity and encourage everyone I discuss it with to use anyone besides Verizon. This debacle will cost Verizon for years.

Verizon’s stock price is awful, and it’s going to get worse. This stupid decision, among others, should result in several top executives being fired and leaving in disgrace. If you wonder how a company should be run, as viewed by stockholders, compare Verizon’s stock price history with T-Mobile’s.

MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

DAVLOV44....Your post pretty much sums up the experience of every Home Fusion user that was "baited & switched" with Verizon's "unlimited" plan.

It's amazing to me that they would even post in this thread, since all they are really doing is saying they'd like to help, but ultimately won't. The only solution that they have is to recommend that we go back to our 30 or 40G plans, which substantially raises our monthly bills. That kind of "solution" is what has upset customers here to the point where we are leaving or have left. And yes, I would pay more per month for internet service that actually works....but just not to Verizon, because as you've pointed out, they cannot be trusted any longer.

I have already cancelled the complete Home Fusion setup, and Verizon doesn't care. Next up I'll be switching 3 of 4 lines that are out of contract over to different carrier, the 4th line will get switched next year. Our Verizon landline has been cancelled as well.

All of this, and after being a customer for over 20 years, Verizon has shown no indication to me that they care. I am no longer a loyal customer, and they don't care...that's why our family is moving on. It is too late for Verizon to make it right for me. And for the others here who don't appreciate being treated like this, I suggest that you do the same.

mborozny
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Support is trying to offer me a new plan for my HomeFusion/Cantenna device, too.  So far, the original offer was countered with a better offer. 

The point is that Verizon has misled thousands of customers, and they won't admit their mistake.  They will lose possibly many more if the news continues to spread through the community that Verizon is reneging on a promise for the so-called Unlimited HomeFusion customer.

Just so you all know (and I am sure many of you have checked this out already):  My new month started yesterday.  I turned my router off at 7:21 am and left to meet with clients for the day.  I returned between 4:30 to 4:40 pm, at which time I turned on my router.

I checked my usage for yesterday.

Here is what I am seeing:

9:49 PM0.00016
05.17.20173:49 PM0.32404
05.17.20179:50 AM0.00010
05.17.20173:50 AM0.06365

There is something very corrupt going on here.  Notice usage for the period between 9:50 am to 3:49 pm.

I am researching alternatives.  I refuse to be locked into another plan with Verizon if this phantom data usage continues.

MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure what counter offers that you had received, but I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years and on Home Fusion for 5, and they had no interest in offering me anything to remain a Home Fusion customer.

I have recommended in this thread, and many have taken advantage, the unlimited LTE plans that are offered by Unlimitedville. I have cancelled my Home Fusion and went with the Unlimitedville yellow plan, it is less expensive & truly unlimited. And, their customer service has been great.

If you or anyone else decides that they want real unlimited LTE internet (which if Verizon hasn't done it by now, they won't), feel free use the code C8H2SS4 at Unlimitedville to save $20 upon sign up...good luck!!!

mborozny
Enthusiast - Level 3

MRAKRAK6530, it was not a hugely beneficial counteroffer.  Basically, I think I would be paying $25 more for a 30GB package but would lose the Verizon Unlimited status on the phones.  Unfortunately, I cannot use our phones as hotspots within my house because our signal is too weak, so the unlimited on phones is probably not a big deal.

I appreciate that you shared your Unlimitedville coupon with us.  Currently, I am subscribed to 4GCommunity.org and received the Sprint/ZTE MF975 Pocket WiFi, which works well in certain spots in my rural neighborhood but not consistently outside my house and not really at all inside my house.  This device is equivalent to Unlimitedville's Yellow Plan's hotspot. My sense overall is that we need a signal booster and antenna system to make this or the Mofi (Unlimitedville Pink Plan) work in our home.  It's too bad about the Pocket WiFi because in town I was actually able to get 28 Mbps download in my car.

We are seriously looking at signal boosters and antennas plus moving phones to another cell provider.

0 Likes
JRRinNC
Enthusiast - Level 3

mborozny, you should really try out the Mofi.  It has dual antennas that work great in my house.  When I got it (Pink plan from Unlimitedville) I figured I'd also have to connect an external antennae (which you can do with the Mofi) but found it wasn't necessary at all.  What sold me on trying it is Unlimitedville's 14 day complete money back trial/guarantee period.  I've had them for 3 weeks now and it's been great that entire time. 

0 Likes
MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

As JRRinNC stated, though more expensive the Mofi router is very strong. I, like you live in a very weak coverage area....so I have the Mofi connected to an external antennae that was suggested by Unlimiteville ($51 on Amazon). I took down the cantennae and mounted the new antennae on the existing hardware, and I'm getting speeds that I never did with Home Fusion....at times up to 10mbps download, not great, but great for the low lying, rural, tree filled area that we're in!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your happiness is equally important to us as well. May I ask what concern you have so we can address it?

AnthonyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mborozny
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you again.  Could you please share with me the name of the Amazon antenna recommended by Unlimitedville?  I'd really appreciate it.

At the moment, my husband wants to hold off on the Mofi and go straight to Wilson signal boosters.  However, Unlimitedville's liberal return policy really appeals to me.  For now, I am keeping 4GCommunity's Pocket WiFi because I could really use a backup hotspot for my business, which takes me away from my office frequently, and it works well in the right setting.

0 Likes