Home Phone Connect Sound Quality
BadRobot

I've been using Home Phone Connect for 2 months now. I've set the volume to "1" and the received voice quality is acceptable. However the transmit voice quality is not good. When we call people, they complain that the sound is too loud, very tinny and slightly distorted. Is there anything we can do to improve the TRANSMIT volume and sound quality? Are there any other settings in the device besides "##1" that affect sound quality?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home Phone Connect Sound Quality
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello BadRobot,

I regret to learn that you are having issues with the sound quality for the people you speak with, using your Home Phone Connect device. I would also be concerned.

This is not a known issue with the device, so I would like to ask you if you have tried a different cordless phone? If not, please try a different cordless phone and see if this is still the issue for you.

Please post back with results. Thanks very much!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BadRobot

I plugged in an old corded phone and the transmitted voice quality is quite a bit different (and better) when we use the corded phone. I will try to make some adjustments on my own to make our cordless phone impedance more like the corded one.

0 Likes
TinaUre

Unfortunately, it appears that you can't Troubleshoot your Home Phone Connect (to try to improve the poor reception quality) unless you have another phone line to call them on - so they can run their Troubleshooting on your land line while the device is connected. This is a real problem for those of us whose cell phones don't work at our homes (which is WHY we still have land lines, right???)  Their only suggestion is that you get some family member or friend to come over with their cell phone to loan to you. But what if their cell phones don't get reception at your house, either?  Hmm, Verizon is out of suggestions - other than to sacrifice your $175 early termination penalty!!  So I'm stuck with really crummy land phone quality for 2 years. But I can't return the Home Phone Connect (tried that!) because the 14-day trial/return period has expired. What? Fourteen days went by before my home phone # was even imported ("10 business days, but actually it never did happen - still on the "temporary" number, HA!)  So how was I supposed to try out this device?  Not sure what Verizon has in mind with this, other than to force a product down our throats and then not even try to support it saying "oh, sorry, you have to call from a different line to troubleshoot, so you're just out of luck!"

0 Likes
cvnv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Home Phone Connect. Personally I hate it. I have purchased three different phone units hoping to improve the quality. No Luck! The calls disconnect randomly and the quality is similar to two tin cans at the end of string. We have a network extender, home phone connect, cell phones and data services with Verizon. We have been with them no less than 17 years. The service is getting horrible. I spend more time with tech support (who by the way are always pleasant) than I do with my family. After several service tickets I am at my wits end.

0 Likes
LosVerde

CVNC,

Try this to manage your network extender and incorporate your Home Phone Connect service as a priority number.  I pulled this link from a posting on another thread.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=21845

0 Likes
cvnv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, I finally managed to get an honest tech who told me once again the service in our neighborhood, not area, was marginal at best. They could not identify the reason behind that.

I have jumped through more hoops than a circus dog, purchased all of the equipment, reset, powered down, updated, soft and hard reset, traded for "like new" equipment etc, (each time extending my contract for 2 years on 5 lines) and yes, still.... crappy if any service. Marginal is a nice way of saying "Our program doesn't work for you but you are locked in." I am at my wits end. Again, tech and customer service reps are pleasant, I just wish I did not have so many hours of communication with them. Verizon expects, rightfully so, to be paid for their minutes. What about my hours?

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Iv had HPC for about 2 years not onces has it been bad/ down must be your signal. if you can't get good cell signal then HPC not gonna work good.

0 Likes
cvnv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish I was having your experience with HPC! I understand no signal means no reception.. that would be why I purchased a network extender. It worked for about a week. Now we are back to square one. That being squat for service. Cell and home. Extender tests as operational.. all blue lights in order.