Home Phone Connect
ccletzgo

Pretty upset right now.  I was in the verizon wireless store to help my mom choose a new phone and the sales person sold us both on HPC.  We specifically brought up faxing and home security systems and we were told NO PROBLEM..  IF I am asked to pay a restocking fee in the morning, I will be livid.  I never make purchases without investigating online first but we were really sold on this HPC thing by a sales person that game wrong information

<< Edited to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home Phone Connect
ccletzgo

Mom has NorthStar security system. Does anyone know if Northstar is a problem?. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This link might be helpful. You should also check the security system customer service to verify compatibility. http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/Equipment/homephoneconnect.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The HPC is not compatible with fax machines OR home security systems.

0 Likes
ccletzgo

Happy to report.   I returned with NO problem and NO restocking fee.  I can see where this would be a great service and am thinking about it for my mother in law.  It just was misrepresented to me for my use. I use a fax machine and there would be no discount with my currant provider for taking my phone service off.  I was also distressed about the fact that you leave the store with NO PAPER.  I get going green, but when a service and contract is involved, there are alot of things you need to know BEFORE you leave with your purchase..  I am hear to report a good customer service experience with a store manager.

0 Likes
ccletzgo

Well.........it got even worse. After being so pleased that I was able to return the device and cancel the service, I lost my home phone today.  Verizon did not cancel the port over from comcast.   No phone, and comcast charging me to get it back.  Raising my bill because I took it off in the first place.  I'm back to being more then disgusted about this HPC sale.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I think you may be mistaking "cancel the port" with "reversing the port". Once Verizon initiates a port from another provider and the other provider releases the number to Verizon, there is mo method in place for Verizon to then force the other provider to take that number back. That would have in essence been Verizon initiating a port with another provider. No provider can initiate a port TO another provider, they only have the capability to initiate a port FROM another provider.

It was your responsibility to contact Comcast to see if they could have stopped the port OR initiate a port back from Verizon. Of course, as you have found out, most providers will charge a fee if you have recently ported out AND want to port back in within a short period of time.

0 Likes